Simple FTP script works on Windows 7 but not XP???

I have this very simple script that uses the FTP functions (only in beta version) to download a file. It works on my Windows 7 laptop every time. But on my XP desktop, it just hangs forever before quitting without saving the file. I have confirmed that it DOES CONNECT to the FTP server. But its the _FTP_FileGet function that makes it hang in XP... Any ideas? I have spent hours on automation scripts and all of them work just fine in XP except this one. But without this, all the others are useless!

#include <FTPEx.au3>

Local $h_Handle

$ftpuser = 'user'
$ftppass = 'password'
$ftphost = 'ftp.webhost.com'

;FTP download the new DB file.
$Open = _FTP_Open('MyFTP Control')
$Conn = _FTP_Connect($Open, $ftphost, $ftpuser, $ftppass)
$dl = _FTP_FileGet($Conn, "/electronics/temp/Full-EP2009Jul29-2008.txt", "c:\DLTEST.TXT")

$Ftpc = _FTP_Close($Open)

On another note, is there any way to make a popup window that displays the FTP server responses? TIA!

Edited by toothpick

• 2 months later...

Well... I got it working after updating my system BIOS. Strange that the bios was causing this problem... But I guess it was. Thanks for all the help! lol...

Wow.. system bios fixed that?? I'm having the same drama.. wrote a real handy script which works on my win7 machine - but not having any luck with it on my XP -or- vista machines. Driving me a bit nuts.