Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BruceCopperField

Having More Than 4 Network Adapters

4 posts in this topic

What would the @IPAddress[1-4] returns if I have > 4 network adapters. The reasons I got >4 is that first I have installed some loopback drivers and then installed VMWare. VMWare installed 2-3 virtual adapters of its own to the list.

Physically, I only got 1 network adapter and is connecting through PPPoE. I need to check if I have login to the network by verifying that I have got a valid ip address assigned by my ISP. But now, having so many adapters how can i be sure which of the @IPAddress's to use and in particular when there're >4 adapters would the physical adapter be actually available in one of them?

Global $ipaddress
_GetNetworkadapterIP ()
MsgBox (0,"", $ipaddress)

Func _GetNetworkadapterIP ()
    $strComputer = "Localhost"
    $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2")
    $colComputers = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")
    $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration")
    For $objItem In $colItems
        If StringInStr ($objitem.Description, "VMWare") Then; this is my physical Adapter change it to yours
            $ipaddress = $objitem.IPAddress(0)              ; e.g. RealTek RTL8139, you don't need the whole descrition
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

;-))

Stefan

Global $ipaddress
_GetNetworkadapterIP ()

$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration")
        If StringInStr ($objitem.Description, "VMWare") Then; this is my physical Adapter change it to yours
            $ipaddress = $objitem.IPAddress(0)              ; e.g. RealTek RTL8139, you don't need the whole descrition
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

;-))

Stefan

Thanks, good script >_<

Global $ipaddress
_GetNetworkadapterIP ()

EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

;-))

Stefan

Here's so you don't have to modify the function.

Global $ipaddress
_GetNetworkadapterIP ("VMWare")

Func _GetNetworkadapterIP ($sDesc)
        If StringInStr ($objitem.Description, $sDesc) Then; this is my physical Adapter change it to yours
            $ipaddress = $objitem.IPAddress(0)              ; e.g. RealTek RTL8139, you don't need the whole descrition
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc