AutoIt Editor

RazerM

First of all i'd like to say that this is not finished, so don't expect it to be a SciTE replacement. I'd like to thank Uten and lokster for posting info on how to use SciLexer.dll. Thanks to Manadar for helping me with bugs.

Posted Image

Command Line Parameters:

/file <file> will open the given file with the editor.

Update 01:

• Fixed Copy and Paste (Thanks The Kandie Man)
  • Added command line parameters
  • Now uses SciLexer.dll (in Zip file)
  • Syntax highlighting fully functional
Update 02:
  • Tabbed documents
  • Undo and Redo
  • Close tab document
  • Icons in margin displaying errors
  • Calltips
  • Go To
  • Compile option
Update 03:
  • Fixed closing tabs bug
  • Added status bar for current line and column text
Update 04:
  • Tooltips on icons
  • Installs Rich Text Control Automatically
Update 05:
  • No more Rich Text, console uses scintilla (Thanks to eltorro)
  • Double clicking errors in console jumps to that place in the script
  • Fixed lots of bugs
  • If a script is already opened AE won't re-open it
  • ConsoleWriteError now also writes to console
  • ConsoleWrite procedure optimized
Update 06:
  • Output can now change size by dragging separator
  • Added long needed find and replace
  • Changed markers (errors and marked lines from find and replace)
  • Icons in a dll
Download:

AutoIt Editor.zip (593.2K) Number of downloads: Posted Image

Lost all previous downloads by accident :P

Previous Downloads since accidently lost: 142

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you compile it and add the exe to the zip, please?

Just run the script. Are you having difficultly doing so?

@RazerM

There is a bug where if i copy the following text with the copy button:

FileClose()
FileOpen()
oÝ÷ ٩ݶ§¥«-z+-®_¯­¶¢¹¶Ø§©ÝcºËmë^Æ×(=Ú»_×Ovj{"ÓÝy÷ôÓÝyùZ
tß}=Ùú'¶ÖåÓÝÓOv~º&jp¨º¸¬×°ÓÝ¢Z+µ¹t÷jÞwM=Ú
Þz}4÷få¹íxãOv¾'°)ÝãOv¹Ít÷jZ­Ý=ÙÇõÓÝÓÝ¢ÓÝÓOv~Í´)^
Z,{Ovqý4÷fôÓÝ¢Ó8×Ov¥ªô÷g×OvoOvX¥xê^Ovqý4÷fôÓÝ¢Ó8×Ov¥ªÿr^!ø©­ë,
ÚåùƧvØ^ÚrÚåúø­Âä±ø§y8^nè"²È¦¦­«b¶+¢¢ayú+«]jÖ¢§]بÚ#ºËmë^ÆÖÞxÊek'l@ÈOöÅÔZÍêÌ
§çZºÚ"µÍBPØÙH   ÌÍÑY]Ý] ÌÍÒXÛÛÝ]BBPÛ]
    ÌÍÔXÚ^Ù[BBBIÌÍÔXÚ^Ù[^H    ][ÝÉ][ÝÂBPØÙH ÌÍÑY]ÛÜK   ÌÍÒXÛÛÛÜBBBPÛ]
    ÌÍÔXÚ^Ù[BBPØÙH   ÌÍÑY]ÝK ÌÍÒXÛÛÝBBBIÌÍÔXÚ^Ù[HÛÙ]

B
Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Just run the script. Are you having difficultly doing so?

I wasn't at my computer, but i'm back now. {Testing now}

EDIT: Nice job, I like it. But i'll stick with SciTe for now. :P

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

@The Kandie Man

Thanks. I'll add that soon.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

First of all i'd like to say that this is not finished, so don't expect it to be a SciTE replacement.

I'd like to thank DtTvB for his syntax highlighter, it was this I modified to use. Also I would

By default syntax highlighting is off, you will need to click File > Turn On Syntax Highlight to turn it on.

Known Bugs:

• Console* functions will not work with the editor, simply because it is not a real console.
  • There are no Scroll bars - i can't get them to work.
  • Syntax Highlighting is extremely slow for scripts if more than 9 or 10 lines
Updates:
  • Fixed Copy and Paste (Thanks The Kandie Man)
Download:

Previous Downloads: 32

I just downloaded and have not even looked at it yet but I have a question first.

Does it support command line params?

Someone made one called AutoItEd (or similar) which wasn't written in AutoIt. I found out too late that it would not accept file names as parameters so you had to open the app and then browse to the file.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I could certainly make it accept command line paramaters... What were you thinking exactly? /file <filename>

I could certainly make it accept command line paramaters... What were you thinking exactly? /file <filename>

That's the one I need.

If it will accept the file name as a param then I'll add it as an editor option in Project Express. since I removed AutoItEd I only have Scite (and thats only if Scite is not the default editor for au3 files) left as an optional editor and I like to have multiple choices besides it left a hole in my GUI.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

@GEOSoft

I have added the command line parameter you wanted.

Edited by RazerM

@GEOSoft

I have added the command line paramater you wanted.

You're a good man @RazerM. May the deity be with you.

I'll DL it now

Thanks

George

• 1 month later...

The script now uses SciLexer.dll. It is a lot better now. See first post.

It quits because you don't have that object.

Anyway, here is a link to the file needed:

http://frazergmclean.googlepages.com/richtx32.OCX

You will need to register it with regsvr32

Edited by RazerM

H @RazerM,

This one to looks good. Have not tested it yet but looks forward to do so.

You use the ritchedit control for the output pan, right?

If so maybe you could/should consider to use scintilla for that to. It would be easier to offer custom color codes in the pan and it would probably consume less memory overall (unless the ritchedit control already is loaded elsewhere).

Keep it up, keep it coming..:)

@Uten

Thanks for your input. I will look into using SciLexer for the output.

Also, thanks for your comments everyone.

It quits because you don't have that object.

Anyway, here is a link to the file needed:

http://frazergmclean.googlepages.com/richtx32.OCX

You will need to register it with regsvr32

@RazerM I downloaded this file, registered it with "regsvr32 D:\lokster\for flash\today\AutoIt Editor\richtx32.OCX",

recieved the message saying "DllRegisterServer in D:\lokster\for flash\today\AutoIt Editor\richtx32.OCX succeeded."

And finally... got the same error: "Your computer does not have the RICHTEXT.RichTextCtrl object."

:whistle:

try putting the file in system32 then just regsvr32 richtx32.ocx

try putting the file in system32 then just regsvr32 richtx32.ocx

That is cool. I might use SciLexer.dll in my debugger. Thanks for posting this.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.