GUI Enhance

RazerM

I have made some functions for "enhancing" how a GUI is dynamically changed, to create visually better transitions. My aim was to make easy to use GUI effects and have the ability for simplistic GUIs with visual changes to help user see what's going on.

Window Functions:

_GUIEnhanceAnimateTitle - animates the title of a window

_GUIEnhanceScaleWin - resizes a window step by step to create a smooth resize

_GUIEnhanceAnimateWin - Animates a window when showing/hiding (originally posted by raindancer)

Control Functions:

_GUIEnhanceCtrlFade - Fades a controls foreground and/or background colours

_GUIEnhanceCtrlDrift - Moves a control smoothly

There are only a few so far but I'll think of more effects etc

Include file:

GUIEnhance.au3Previous Downloads: 259

Example showing all functions:

test.au3Previous Downloads: 57

Simple example showing one possible use:

test2.au3

Update 01:

• Paramater added to _GUIEnhanceScaleWin. If true, gui centres relative to previous position. Parameter order different to previous function.
  • Paramater added to _GUIEnhanceCtrlFade (at end), adds option of how many colour changes (more is smooth but flickers more, less won't flicker as much but may appear to "jump" colours.
Update 02: All variables declared local, now works with MustDeclareVars option (Thanks MCP) Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Awesome! I could have used this one a while back :)

It seems like the fade (esp. to black) on the labels is still not great (flickers a good deal), but otherwise the effects are really nice.... thank you!

Oh Baby! That is too cool. I love the radio buttons changing the position and adding or taking away the button. Looking forward to seeing more examples...

edit: Cool Valuater, Just got your example working. Pretty neat entrances...

Edited by gesller

Wow, looks great. Good work, very interesting functions, espescially __ColorGradient().

Maybe there should be an option for _GUIEnhanceScaleWin so that if you want you could re-scale the GUI, but always keeping it centered from it's original position (I'm not the best at explaining). So for example say you have a GUI at 100,100,200,200 (X,Y,W,H), and I wanted to resize my GUI to 300 width & 300 height, the final coordinates would be 50,50,300,300. Using WinGetPos it should be easy to add something like this in (maybe add another parameter if people don't want it to resize like that).

Just an idea :)

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

@mrRevoked

Good idea, i'll add it in soon

@Valuater

I'll play around with your function.. Thanks

@Kurt

Yes I never thought about that, good idea! I like the function a lot and hope to improve it by adding centering (optional)

CoePSX is author of gradient function, I love it :)

@fisofo

Fading cannot be improved easily (I have a few things in mind though.)

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I have made some functions for "enhancing" how a GUI is dynamically changed, to create visually better transitions. My aim was to make easy to use GUI effects and have the ability for simplistic GUIs with visual changes to help user see what's going on.

Thank you, dude! Nice job. It has been easy to add it to the project I am currently working on. Keep up the good work.

@all

It would be nice to group them all together.

This is something I found in the old box :

;K2000 animation 2006 By Arcker
;For The AutoIt community
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
;Dim $light[9],$lightvalue[9]
_display_progress("AUTO IT VERSION 3.2.X.X", 1, 0x040000, 0xff0000, -1, 25, 30, 5, 0,3)
GUISetState(@sw_hide)
sleep(100)
_display_progress("And his community", 1, 0x040000, 0xff0000, -1, 10, 30, 5, 2,6)
GUISetState(@sw_hide)
sleep(100)
_display_progress("Wish you a merry christmas ", 1, 0x040000, 0xff0000, -1, 20, 30, 5, 1,4)
GUISetState(@sw_hide)
sleep(100)
_display_progress("and a happy new year ", 1, 0x040FFF, 0xffFF00, -1, 20, 30, 5, 1,4)
GUISetState(@sw_hide)
sleep(100)
_display_progress(" thanx for this year of code addicting ", 1, 0x040FFF, 0xffFF00, -1, 10, 30, 5, 1,4)
GUISetState(@sw_hide)
sleep(100)
_display_progress("  LONG LIFE TO AUTOIT  ", 1, 0x0F0F0F, 0xffFFFF, -1, 150, 40, 15, 1,4)
Func _display_progress($size = 5, $sizevaluefade = 1, $valuefade = 0x110000, $valuemaxcolor = 0xff0000, $croissance = -1, $delay = 50, $itemwidth = 20, $itemspace = 5, $switch = 0,$limit=0)
    Dim $tabsize, $istring = 0
    If IsInt($size) Then
        $size = $size
    Else
        $string = $size
        $size = StringLen($size)
        $istring = 1
    EndIf
    $tabsize = $size - 1
    $middle = Mod($size, 2)
    If $middle = 0 Then Exit
    $middle = $size / 2 - 0.5
    ConsoleWrite("middle = > " & $middle & @CRLF)
    Dim $light[$size], $lightvalue[$size], $currentheight[$size], $currentwidth[$size], $sizevalue[$size]
    ConsoleWrite("value fade => " & $valuefade)
    ;ConsoleWrite(Int($valuemax))
    $widthtoset = $itemwidth + $itemspace
    $width = 10 + $size * $widthtoset
    $height = 25 + $size
    $setheight = $height - $size - 5
    $Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", $width, $height, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP)
    $totalsize = 20 + $size
    If $croissance = -1 Then
        $valuemax = $totalsize
    Else
        $valuemax = 3
    EndIf
    $widthset = 5
    For $i = 0 To $middle - 1
        $currentwidth[$i] = $widthset
        $light[$i] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $widthset, $setheight - $i, $itemwidth, $i + $size)
        GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $valuemaxcolor)
        If $istring Then GUICtrlSetData(-1, StringMid($string, $i + 1, 1))
        GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $size * 1.4, 800)
        $widthset += $widthtoset
    Next
    $light[$middle] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $widthset, $setheight - $middle, $itemwidth, $middle + $size)
    $currentwidth[$middle] = $widthset
    $widthset += $widthtoset
    ;$setheight = 0;$middle - 1
    $k = 0
    ;$scale = $size -29
    $itemheight = $setheight - $middle + 1
    $itemsize = $middle + $size - 1
    For $i = $middle + 1 To $tabsize
        $currentwidth[$i] = $widthset
        $light[$i] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", $widthset, $itemheight, $itemwidth, $itemsize)
        $widthset += $widthtoset
        $itemheight += 1
        $itemsize -= 1
    Next
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    GUISetBkColor(0x000000)
    AdlibEnable("messageHandler", 50)
    $countlimit=1
    While 1
        If $limit = 0 Then
            ;ContinueLoop
        Else
            If $countlimit = $limit Then ExitLoop
            $countlimit += 1
        EndIf
        For $i = 0 To $tabsize
            $lightvalue[$i] = $valuemaxcolor
            $sizevalue[$i] = $valuemax
            ;$switch = 0
            GUICtrlSetBkColor($light[$i], $valuemax)
            ;pour tous les éléments APRES la lumière "principale"
            If $i <= $tabsize Then
                For $current = $i + 1 To $tabsize
                    If $croissance = -1 Then
                        $sizevalue[$current] -= $sizevaluefade
                    Else
                        $sizevalue[$current] += $sizevaluefade
                    EndIf
                    Switch $switch
                        Case 0
                            GUICtrlSetPos($light[$current], $currentwidth[$current], 0, $itemwidth, $sizevalue[$current])
                        Case 1
                            GUICtrlSetPos($light[$current], $currentwidth[$current], ($totalsize - $sizevalue[$current]) / 2, $itemwidth, $sizevalue[$current])
                        Case 2
                            GUICtrlSetPos($light[$current], $currentwidth[$current], ($totalsize - $sizevalue[$current]), $itemwidth, $sizevalue[$current])
                    EndSwitch
                    $lightvalue[$current] -= $valuefade
                    GUICtrlSetBkColor($light[$current], $lightvalue[$current])
                Next
            EndIf
            If $i > 0 Then
                For $current = $i - 1 To 0 Step - 1
                    If $croissance = -1 Then
                    Else
                    EndIf
                    Switch $switch
                        Case 0
                            GUICtrlSetPos($light[$current], $currentwidth[$current], 0, $itemwidth, $sizevalue[$current])
                        Case 1
                            GUICtrlSetPos($light[$current], $currentwidth[$current], ($totalsize - $sizevalue[$current]) / 2, $itemwidth, $sizevalue[$current])
                        Case 2
                            GUICtrlSetPos($light[$current], $currentwidth[$current], ($totalsize - $sizevalue[$current]), $itemwidth, $sizevalue[$current])
                    EndSwitch
                Next
            EndIf
            Sleep($delay)
        Next

For $i = $tabsize To 0 Step - 1
            $lightvalue[$i] = $valuemaxcolor
            $sizevalue[$i] = $valuemax
            GUICtrlSetBkColor($light[$i], $valuemax)
            ;pour tous les éléments APRES la lumière "principale"
            If $i < $tabsize Then
                For $current = $i + 1 To $tabsize
                    If $croissance = -1 Then
                    Else
                    EndIf
                    Switch $switch
                        Case 0
                        Case 1
                        Case 2
                    EndSwitch
                Next
            EndIf
            If $i > 0 Then
                For $current = $i - 1 To 0 Step - 1
                    If $croissance = -1 Then
                    Else
                    EndIf
                    Switch $switch
                        Case 0
                        Case 1
                        Case 2
                    EndSwitch
                Next
            EndIf
            Sleep($delay)
        Next
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_display_progress
Func messageHandler()
    If GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
EndFunc   ;==>messageHandler

And there where more.

If I find more I will post them.

Regards

ptrex

See update log in first post, _GUIEnhanceScaleWin centre is very nice. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@RazerM

Running your nice include with Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1), I have found a few undeclared (thus unwillingly defined global) scopes.

• In _GUIEnhanceScaleWin, variable $iWidthDiff
  • In _GUIEnhanceCtrlDrift, variables $iDeltaX, $iDeltaY, $iError, $iDeltaError, $iYVal, $iYStep
  • In __ColorGradient, variables: $iNowBlue, $iNowGreen
Thanks! and HTH

Thanks, the errors are fixed, download in first post.

Glad you like it.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

it's really a very good script, i am in love with it. thanks for the best GUI Enhancer UDF :)

Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel

Hello, Your UDF is Very Cool!! >_<

but, if i used in my gui even in your example, there is a little black on topleft and topright corner of gui...

look at this

Posted Image

Can It Disappeared??

It's look not good for me... :)

Edited by member429