Laserix Editor And Player

RazerM

Laserix is a game where a laser is shot out a "generator" and must be reflected by mirrors to hit "diamonds". The player is limited by the number of mirrors they are allowed to use.

I started this project because I had a PSP Homebrew Game called Laserix which was coded in lua for the PSP.

By clicking "Open Laserix Level" you can browse to a file called index.lua (The lua PSP game) and enter a level number (1-13) in an input box. The Editor will parse the script and load the correct level. Also "Save Laserix Level" will save the current level to an index.lua file (You will also be prompted to enter a level number to overwrite).

For general use of this program, "Save Level To File" and "Open Level From File" will be used more. These load and save individual levels to an ini file.

If you are receiving erratic results when using index.lua you can click "Restore Original Levels To Laserix" which will overwrite the index.lua that you specify in the FileOpenDialog.

The default mode on startup is Edit Mode. This can be seen in the first segment of the status bar. Clicking any cell opens a window with 14 icons. You can see what they do by hovering over them. You may insert that icon into the main grid by clicking the appropriate Radio Button and pressing "Insert Into Grid"

To use Play Mode, simply click "Play Mode". The Laserix background music will begin playing. In Play Mode you can place mirrors by clicking on the grid. Choose what type of mirror to place by selecting the correct radio button. Clicking on already placed mirrors will rotate them. You can move mirrors by clicking "Move Mirror", clicking a mirror then the cell you wish to move it to. You can delete mirrors by clicking "Delete Mirror" and clicking the mirror you wish to delete. Clicking "Start Laser" will make the laser come out of the Laser Generator and bounce off all the mirrors. If the laser hits every diamond, it is considered that you have won.

When in Play Mode, You can move between levels by pressing Previous Level and Next Level. These will work with any filename that ends with a number then ".ini". If "Advance to Next Level When Complete" is checked then If the laser hits all diamonds, Laserix will load the next level automatically.

Update 01:

• Added Delete Mirror Option
  • Added "Previous Level" and "Next Level" buttons. If you have loaded an ini file that has any number of non digit characters then a number e.g. "Level 6.ini", clicking "Previous Level" will load "Level 5.ini". Clicking "Next Level" will load "Level 7.ini".
Update 02:
  • Added "Advance to Next Level When Complete" checkbox
  • Fixed a few bugs
  • Several buttons are now disabled when laser is active (Thanks XxXFaNtA)
Update 03: Fixed small bug with pink blocks (Thanks XxXFaNtA)

Update 04: Added Mirror Type B Support! All Levels are now playable, Script Now 1700 lines long.

Update 05:

• Added option to turn off music.
  • Fixed a bug with Restoring Original Levels
  • Fixed a Bug where hint and pink blocks were offfset by 1 when opened
  • Fixed a bug with horizontal mirrors (Thanks XxXFaNtA)
Update 06: Fixed glitch with Mirror Type B Support (My gifs had windows colours)

Update 07:

• Added "Show Solution" button. It is more fun to figure the levels out for yourself though.
  • Level 13 is now Level 14 and a New Level is in it's place. I don't have a solution for it yet. Please post one
Update 08:
  • Solutions are now encrypted
  • Only Hide Solution can be clicked when a solution is being displayed
  • Added prompt before showing solution
  • Added prompt before showing hint
  • Added Level 13 Mirrors (Thanks XxXFaNtA)
Update 09: Added Solution for Level 13 (Thanks XxXFaNtA)

Update 10:

• Added current Level into title
  • Levels can be opened during play mode
  • Status bar always shows which cell the mouse is in
  • Updated Level 9 Solution
Update 11:
  • Changed solution mode, no longer uses pictures but text files with the location of each mirror.
  • Added "Generate Level Code" and "Enter Level Code" buttons. The former creates a short code with the current level in it, I made it for posting levels easily. E.g. Level 13 is
    01[15-0]203[11-0]3[17-0]2[31-0]2[21-0]4[8-0]12[3-0]1[6-0]1[20-0]2[31-0]2[31-0]203[11-0]3[17-0]202020212020202[17-0]1[134-0][2-1][6-0]|1|2|e

You can load Level Codes by clicking "Enter Level Code" and pasting that into the input box.

• State of background music is written to ini. E.g. If you set it to off, the next time Laserix Editor & Player is loaded, the music will be off.
  • Fixed a few small bugs
  • Added timeouts to stop endless loops; The laser is allowed to travel for 1 more second after all diamonds are hit and 10 seconds otherwise
Update 12:
  • Laserix 2 Levels 1 - 29 have been added (Thanks XxXFaNta :lmao:) Level 29 does not have a solution yet
  • Fixed a bug with auto next level
  • Added 'Place Solution' button so you can try out the solutions.
Again Please note: Lots of files have changed since the last release, please make sure you delete your old Laserix Folder before extracting the new update.

Laserix.zip (1023.4K) Number of downloads: Posted Image

Previous DOwnloads: 21

Feel free to upload you own levels in ini format. post your own level's Level Code

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

very nice.I like the game. But why not plaing some levels instead of creating them?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

error reading sound.au3....i have the beta and what not..

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

@th.meger

What do you mean?

@XxXFaNtA

Mirror Type B does not work because when a laser is reflected off these it goes in a diagonal direction. I am currently using labels for the laser and they can only be rectangular.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Yeh that was ages ago. I recently started working on it again and got somewhere :lmao:

@XxXFaNtA

Ive added Previous Level and Next Level buttons to easily switch between levels :lmao:

Also added delete mirror button

Im donwloading the beta from the updater script, where are you guys getting yours??

EDIT:

Oh, my bad, you have to get it from the site I guess

EDIT:

Even with the beta off the site it still isint working.. can anyone help me?

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Oh great...it sucked balls to move the Mirrors xD

And previous/next Button is very very nice.

Though i can't play some levels it's still great! Thanks for sharing.

Can't you make small Labels and place them diagonal in a row to make a diagonal laser? It would be so cool playing these levels and finally making some advanced levels :)

EDIT:

btw...how can i rotate the Laser Generator? :ph34r:

It would be also nice to delete an object with right-cliking on it :lmao:

EDIT2:

Found some displaying Bugs:

I used the Editor first and used a Risen Pink Block...Then i started the first Level...after going threw the Diamond, it showed me the sunken Pink Block...Then i pressed "Next Level", but he still showed me the Laser :geek:

Posted Image

Edited by XxXFaNtA

@th.meger

What do you mean?

Hi,

I meant like playing some levels and get highScore or something.

Like XxXFaNtA said :It would be nice to see a version where you can continue when you finish a Level (manually changing sucks wink.gif )

You know want I mean? Some kind of gameplay.

So long,

Mega

PS: Nice work! Go on!

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

@XxXFaNtA

Risen blocks change to sunken when the laser passes through a diamond. The same happens for sunken blocks.

@th.meger

I might add timed highscore. I am currently adding automatic next level support

Edited by RazerM

Updated. See first post for full details.

I know how it works...

But look at the Picture...i just put the risen block in the editor but without a level being open. After starting level 1, the block showed just up when the diamond got hit! The whole game acted like if i had changed every level...kinda weird...maybe i should make a film xD

btw...could you somehow disable the help when starting a new level? It's a bit "strange" if you can see where to place the mirrors :geek:

I'm really waiting for a version with Mirror Type B :lmao:

edit: The current level should be shown somewhere in the GUI :ph34r: Thanks :)

edit2: AutoStop-Laser when hitting e.g. a Thunder or when the laser is in an endless loop. (but not immediately)

Edited by XxXFaNtA

1. I see now. It's fixed

2. This is not my game. I am only replicating it. However, In the real game there is a message box saying "This is almost cheating. Are you a cheater" and if you click yes the hint appears. Should I add that?

3. The laser does stop when it hits thunder. I agree endless loops are annoying. I don't know how to stop them.

2.) I know, i played the flash version. But i mean, when you start a Level, you can already see the hint. I've nothing against the hints, but they shouldn't be visible on the field at the beginning :lmao:

3.) I don't know it either...i thought about maybe a timer..but well...not the best idea...well maybe there isn't a way :ph34r:

Do you have a clue if you'll be able to make the Mirrors Type B?

I really like the game :) (and the music kicks ass...though i would really like to pause it sometimes :geek: )

Nice, Like it alot, if you want to play my level here is the ini.

[Grid]
1,1=2
2,1=2
3,1=0
4,1=0
5,1=0
6,1=0
7,1=0
8,1=0
9,1=0
10,1=0
11,1=0
12,1=0
13,1=0
14,1=0
15,1=0
16,1=2
1,2=2
2,2=0
3,2=0
4,2=0
5,2=0
6,2=0
7,2=0
8,2=0
9,2=0
10,2=2
11,2=10
12,2=0
13,2=0
14,2=0
15,2=0
16,2=2
1,3=2
2,3=0
3,3=0
4,3=0
5,3=0
6,3=0
7,3=0
8,3=0
9,3=0
10,3=0
11,3=0
12,3=0
13,3=0
14,3=0
15,3=0
16,3=2
1,4=2
2,4=0
3,4=0
4,4=0
5,4=0
6,4=0
7,4=0
8,4=0
9,4=0
10,4=2
11,4=0
12,4=0
13,4=0
14,4=0
15,4=0
16,4=2
1,5=2
2,5=0
3,5=0
4,5=0
5,5=0
6,5=0
7,5=0
8,5=0
9,5=0
10,5=2
11,5=0
12,5=0
13,5=0
14,5=0
15,5=0
16,5=2
1,6=2
2,6=0
3,6=0
4,6=0
5,6=0
6,6=0
7,6=0
8,6=0
9,6=2
10,6=0
11,6=0
12,6=0
13,6=0
14,6=1
15,6=0
16,6=2
1,7=2
2,7=0
3,7=0
4,7=0
5,7=0
6,7=2
7,7=2
8,7=2
9,7=0
10,7=0
11,7=0
12,7=0
13,7=0
14,7=2
15,7=0
16,7=2
1,8=2
2,8=0
3,8=0
4,8=1
5,8=0
6,8=2
7,8=0
8,8=1
9,8=0
10,8=0
11,8=0
12,8=1
13,8=0
14,8=0
15,8=1
16,8=4
1,9=2
2,9=0
3,9=0
4,9=2
5,9=2
6,9=2
7,9=1
8,9=2
9,9=0
10,9=0
11,9=0
12,9=0
13,9=0
14,9=0
15,9=0
16,9=0
1,10=2
2,10=0
3,10=2
4,10=0
5,10=0
6,10=0
7,10=0
8,10=0
9,10=0
10,10=0
11,10=0
12,10=0
13,10=0
14,10=0
15,10=0
16,10=2
1,11=2
2,11=2
3,11=2
4,11=0
5,11=0
6,11=2
7,11=0
8,11=0
9,11=0
10,11=0
11,11=0
12,11=0
13,11=0
14,11=0
15,11=0
16,11=2
1,12=2
2,12=2
3,12=2
4,12=0
5,12=1
6,12=0
7,12=0
8,12=0
9,12=0
10,12=0
11,12=0
12,12=0
13,12=0
14,12=0
15,12=0
16,12=2
1,13=2
2,13=2
3,13=2
4,13=2
5,13=2
6,13=2
7,13=0
8,13=0
9,13=0
10,13=0
11,13=3
12,13=11
13,13=2
14,13=2
15,13=2
16,13=2
[Other]
Angle=g
MirrorA=14
MirrorB=0

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

I beat that level with 3 mirrors left

Posted Image

Edited by RazerM