AInstall

RazerM

It's called AInstall, and it generates a .au3 script, compiles it, then packs it into a .exe file with iexpress. (Enter 'iexpress' in your run window to see what it is)

It's not finished but I started it ages ago and never finished it, I just wondered if someone would benefit from it and/or further its development.

Anyone can have a go and keep it as theirs.

I've attached files so that you can open an AInstall setup file (*.ais) and compile an installer immediately to see how it works.

In the Example.zip file is a folder called 'Notabilis', it contains a notepad-like program I created recently, it will be the program that we create an installer file for. Extract the zip file to the C:\ drive so that you have C:\Notabilis\ (AInstall uses hard paths for creating an installer)

Now extract the AInstall.zip file to anywhere on your computer and run AInstall\AInstall.au3 (runs on both AutoIt v3.3.0.0 and v3.3.1.0). Choose File>Open and browse to C:\Notabilis\Notabilis.ais then click Open.

Now choose Tools>Compile & Run and the installer will be compiled, once it starts you can do a test install, (this installer doesn't write any registry entries so can be deleted easily), and you can see that the result is pretty streamlined. The resulting (standalone I might add, all files are embedded) file will be at 'C:\Notabilis\Setup\Notabilis_Setup.exe' if you feel like running the installer manually.

Posted Image Example.zip (498.9K) Number of downloads: Posted Image

Posted Image AInstall.zip (254.1K) Number of downloads: Posted Image

Posted Image

Detailed Notes: - You don't need to understand this to try out AInstall.

In AInstall\ you'll notice three related files: GUI.au3, MakeGen.au3 and GenScript.au3

• GUI.au3

• You use this to edit the way the compiled installer will look.
    • You can run this file directly to 'try out' the installer without installing anything.
    • You'll notice a bunch of "#=" and "##=" lines, see MakeGen.au3 below
  • MakeGen.au3

• This processes GUI.au3 to create GenScript.au3, which is used by AInstall to create the resulting compiled installer.
    • #= lines in GUI.au3 are inserted into GenScript.au3 but do not execute when GUI.au3 is running.
    • ##= lines in GUI.au3 are inserted into GenScript.au3 exactly as they appear, for things like deciding whether the resulting Installer requires a EULA.
Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I was working on something similar too but I just dropped it because it was getting boring :)

great work man!

cheers!

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Very nice!! I'll be using this, already have a shortcut added to the context menus of my au3s!

On a more unrelated note, I really do like that modern menu of yours, I'm writing a notepad lookalike at the moment. For some reason I now find myself rewriting the menus for it... Not too sure I like the animations though, I like good solid programs. very nice though!

MDiesel

Unfortunately I forget who made the ModernMenu.au3 file, but it wasn't me. It's great though and I use it a lot.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

--CAN NOT DELETE POST--

Edited by shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

Hey guys, I got this link off RazerM:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7188639/AInstall.zip

Many thanks to his effort!

shanet

--EDIT: You will need these if you dont already have them:

--TOO OUTDATED TO WORK WITH CURRENT AUTOIT. I WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT AT AINSTALL SECOND GEN

Down them and you should be good.

Edited by shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

• 5 months later...