Script_Templates.au3 ( 24.92k )

New Folders

which includes the following program -

New_Folders.au3 ( 14.43k )

SEE ALSO

Volly's Links

A place that links to many useful Scripts & Scraps

This Post

Projects Backup (au3) (previous downloads: 210)

Projects Backup (zip) (previous downloads: 209)

(these were last updated on the 10th May - small fix & improvement)

This is a nifty program, that I created some time ago, and which I've found indispensable.

As I mentioned in another post, it needed rewriting ... that has now been done. This is so much better ... more flexible ... more reliable than before, and in my view works a treat. Any self respecting programmer who hasn't got a tool like this, is missing something special!

Be aware, that the first time you run the program (the installer version does this automatically), a registry entry for your right-click context menu is created, so that you can right-click on a folder, and back it up.

Basically the program creates a folder (same name as the one you clicked on) at a location you specify (this can be different for each project ... I just use the same location for all i.e. D:\Backups\Projects). It then creates another folder within, that I call the version folder - this is in the range v0.0_b01 to v9.9_b99, the beta extensions can be left off as well so that you can get full version ranges v0.0 to v9.9. You can rename projects and the backup folder name (through the program) at any time ... which is handy for those who (midstream) think another name would be better. You can also rename the version name folder (keeping within the range above, if you want it to still be recognised by the program).

The program stores a list of all projects, the last backup version and location - accessed through a combo, for removing, editing, etc.

The program automatically increments each use, but you can specify to overwrite or replace. You can also specify your own version name (from within the range mentioned). Options for feedback can be enabled / disabled, and you can have it increment automatically, without the GUI showing. You can elect to have the backup folder open after backup, so that you can visually check or edit the results. The program itself, has a few informative dialogs, to help you come to grips with the use & options, but I think the program is pretty intuitive to use anyway.

Please give feedback, ask for help, suggest improvements, etc.

thsaint@ihug.com.au

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

As I mentioned above, the installer version automatically creates a registry entry for your right-click context menu, the first time you run the program, so that you can right-click on a folder, and back it up.

Does anyone know how to create a folder in the right-click context menu? This could alleviate a bloated menu from time to time! Please don't tell me about programs that do this, I want to programmatically do it myself via the registry!

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

i've had a quick look in hkcr and i can't get a folder, no matter how many keys there is

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

i've had a quick look in hkcr and i can't get a folder, no matter how many keys there is

Yeah, I know! Lots of programs somehow do it though ... just like the SendTo menu, which is easy to create folders in, so there must be a way?

Spoiler

userbar.png

ive searched google and can't find anything!

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Hey I haven't tried your script, but have you taken a look at any other version-control software?

A common free one is CVS, and you can get the windows binaries here

There's also one called SourceSafe that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio.

The place I work at we use one called Seapine Surround SCM.

Hey I haven't tried your script, but have you taken a look at any other version-control software?

A common free one is CVS, and you can get the windows binaries here

There's also one called SourceSafe that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio.

The place I work at we use one called Seapine Surround SCM.

Hi blindwig,

I haven't had a look for a while, and though I may look at the sites & progs you mention, I haven't got the heart to use anything other than mine now, after all the work I put into it ... it works a treat anyway ... even my older version did the job quite well. But hey thanks for the tip!

Also thanks for looking for the other RazerM!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RazerM

I now have created a program, that is a bit of a work-a-round to the above -

Context_Options

Please let me know what you think!

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 years later...

The latest version of the Projects Backup program can now be downloaded from TheSaint's Toolbox post ... along with many of my other programs.

:)

Spoiler

userbar.png