Chatserver - Simplified.

jokke

Thought i wanted to share a simple chatserver i made.

Uppdate: added zip to download.

Chatserver - Simplified V.1.7

Note: if you want to edit the port server will be running on change settings on line 19 example under.

Dim $server[4] = [sERVER-IP,PORT,Max_length_tcp_recive,MAX_concurrent_connections] ;[server-IP,Port,Max_length_tcp_recive,Max_clients]

Features:

<*>telnet server-ip to connect.

<*>Show message of today on connect.(motd.txt can be modified on the fly, no need to restart server.)

<*>Register to use.(users registeded inn users.ini)

<*>Login to speech.

<*>Broadcasts userlogins to everyone, aswell as logout.

<*>Only 1 login per username.

<*>Send messages to everyone.

<*>Send private messages, to other users.

<*>Setstate, sets your current state afk, surfing etc... (Message is broadcasted and visible when listall command is used)

<*>Listall, lists all user currently logged on.

<*>Listchat, lists log over old chat.(only public chat)

<*>help, works the same way as motd, where you are able to edit help.txt while server is running.

<*>supports 99 concurrent connections. edit $server[3] to change.

Known bugs:

<*>If you try to login after you have allready logged on, server still thinks you are the same as before you tried to login again.

I basicly wanted to learn how to use socket server and handling different sockets with diferent variables at once.

Server code based off dnsi's AU3 MultiConnect-Socket Server! found here.

rar-file contains, everything needed to understand how users.ini, motd.txt and help.txt file work.

Link to EXE as requested by Javascript_Freek

Chatserver_V.1.7.rar

Chatserver_V.1.7.au3

Chatserver_V.1.7.zip

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

Thanks guys :)

Redoing the code now, a few hours and i have a working IRC server :)

after abit consideration im going to wait abit with the IRC server, since i have alot other things to do this weekend, ill do it when im at work

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

I liked it. Good work!

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator[center]VW Bug user[/center]Pinheiral (Pinewood) city: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

to fix your problem, you could write into the users.ini anything like

"$connected = 1". Now just create an if-answer if $connected is 1 or 0. If 1, the user

can't connect.

And, is it possible, to change the Port, users connect to? I'm behind a router and I can't open more ports.

Edited by Sn0opy

Javascript_Freak: sorry wont add a exe, since most ppl dont like them, its best to just stick to the source.

Sn0opy: Change Server[1] at line 19 to change the port server will be running on.

mrRevoked: thanks added zip on the list of download options.

pleeeae! IM GUEST AND cant download AutoIt. So I can not run au3's. PLEASE MAKE A .EXE!!!!! PLEASE GOD~!!! PRETTY PLEASE

Iwe added .EXE as a link inn the first post, or use this link.

• 6 months later...

I have thought about creating a MUD myself. I actually made engine for combat,stats,map,inventory. (based on this chat server) but where unable to come upp with a good storry.

If i where to write another MUD i would use another server, or atleast rewrite it so it would create a new process for each connection, for faster responce.

• 5 years later...
  • Developers

can you or someone else make an Client ? 

How many old threads are you planning to resurrect today?

Let's agree this was the last one for a while.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)