[Solved] is filemove faster than windows moving files?

is it?

EDIT: Thanx JSThePatriot TeraCopy is what I need

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Only one way to find out... Automate a test of both functions.

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I doubt it. They should be using the same API so it shouldn't matter.

But if I use GUI in autoit or consolewrite or tooltip to display progress, the speed drops dramatically, so if they use same API thing but no gui autoit must be faster, '

thanx.

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Hi.

... so if they use same API thing but no gui autoit must be faster, '

I doubt it. If you make use of any kind of output, you will slow down. Without any output, you should see the same speed.

But as suggested before: Test both, and then post your results >_<

BTW: For large copy jobs use robocopy. Use the latest version packed into "RobocopyGUI", as it has nice additional features, e.g. DST timedifference ingore and others.

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!