New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.79

Jos

I absolutly agree with what you discuss. I have both, XP 32 bit and 7 64bit. On the 64 bit machine I want to decide whether 32or64 bit "kernel" of Autoit is used. Fmpov, there are really less examples till now, which prefer or even need 64 bit. I do not convert videos or something mathematical like that with Autoit. ;)

So, it would be nice to have the choice on 64 bit machines!

Just my 2 cents

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Uploaded an updated version that will follow the defaults of the installed AutoIt3 version in case the #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64 isn't specified.

Jos ;)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Uploaded an updated version that will follow the defaults of the installed AutoIt3 version in case the #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64 isn't specified.

Jos ;)

Is that a release or another beta?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Yeap.. Still Beta but indeed getting close.

Uploaded the changed AutoIt3Wrapper to the Beta Download directory.

Wondering if anybody else had Resource update problems when updating multiple files... I have no issues on my Win7/X64 or WinXp/X32.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Still no luck adding more than one resource with 3.3.2.0... :idea:

But having just installed the latest Beta, it works perfectly with 3.3.3.2!!!! ;):evil::evil:

Go figure!??! (as the colonial cousins say)

M23

P.S. I will run those speed tests tomorrow.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

Jos,

Still no luck adding more than one resource with 3.3.2.0... :D

But having just installed the latest Beta, it works perfectly with 3.3.3.2!!!! :evil::evil::idea:

;) this feels like its a AV type issue but would have expected some sort of AV notification.

Thanks for testing. :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

First, apologies for the long post. :evil:

I have been running lots of experiments over the past few days trying to determine why I could not use AutoIt3Wrapper #directives to add multiple resources on my desktop. As I mentioned last night, I found that the new Beta would add more than a single resource without problem. I took a look in the au3.properties file this morning and found that following commands for "Compile", "Build" and "Beta Aut2Exe" (which I take as "Beta Compile"):

; Compile
command.compile.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /showgui /in "$(FilePath)"
; Build
command.build.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)"
; Beta Aut2Exe
command.1.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /beta /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)\beta"

Looking at the close similarity of the "Build" and "Beta Aut2EXE" lines, I thought I might try running "Build" on the script instead of "Compile". And adding multiple resources works using 3.3.2.0 without any problems at all! :) But "Compile" with 3.3.2.0. still fails.

Over to you to explain why the different syntax means that "Build" and "Beta Aut2Exe" work while production "Compile" does not! I have not modified these lines in any way, so I presume they are the install syntax. The only difference I can see is that the normal "Compile" runs the GUI, while the others go straight into the "Check-Obfuscate-Compile-Add Resource-Compress" process.

Like you I suspected an AV or HIPS problem. But I cleared out any referencees to any AutoIt executable in both (Oh how I enjoyed all the pop-ups that resulted! :evil: ) - no difference. Disabled both - no difference. Ran in Safe Mode - no difference. So my suspicions have lessened somewhat - particularly as the laptop with identical AV and HIPS software has never had a problem. :idea:

I also ran the promised Reshacker vs. AutoIt3Wrapper speed and size tests:

Indentical 4000+ line script with only the AutoIt3Wrapper #directives differing in each case - identical _Obfuscated.au3 files produced each time. Adding 19 icons (I know it is a lot, but the app sits in the systray and the current state is shown by the trayicon):

Directives                      Speed of resource addition      Final .exe size

[1]
UseUpx=n                        < 1 Sec                         340121
Run_After=Reshacker .res
Run_After=upx --best

[2]
_Res_Icon_Add x 19              < 2 sec                         381595

[3]
UseUpx=n                        < 2 Sec                         340125
_Res_Icon_Add x 19
Run_After=upx --best

I presume the discrepancy in size between [2] and [3] is because the default upx setting includes "--compress-icons=0".

Anyway, I am more than happy with the speed of the Autoit3Wrapper #directives for adding resources now - and it does make changing them a lot easier. Again many thanks to you and wraithdu for the improvements. ;)

Now, if you could just solve the "Compile/Build" mystery.......what is the difference anyway? :D

M23

Edit: Works on "Beta Compile" with 3.3.3.3 - as I expected.

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Developers

Ok, I am able to make it to go wrong when testing with this script and simply remove the last CRLF in the EditBox containing the ICO files to be added:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=AutoIt v3 Compiled Script
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=0.0.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=icon_1.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=icon_2.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=icon_3.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=icon_4.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=icon_5.ico
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
GUICreate("Demo resource ICO's")
$h_Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("my picture button", 10, 20, 40, 40, $BS_ICON)
GUISetState()
For $x = 0 To 7
   $rc = TraySetIcon(@ScriptFullPath, -$x)
   $rc2 = GUICtrlSetImage($h_Button1, @ScriptFullPath, -$x)
   If $x < 3 Then
      TrayTip("Default ico:" & $x, "TraySetIcon rc:" & $rc & @LF & "GUICtrlSetImage rc:" & $rc2, 3)
   Else
      TrayTip("New ico:" & $x, "TraySetIcon rc:" & $rc & @LF & "GUICtrlSetImage rc:" & $rc2, 3)
   EndIf
   Sleep(2000)
Next
GUIDelete()

Error I get after having removed that CRLF:

>13:01:19 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:
->13:01:19 Info: AutoIt3Wrapper and target EXE architecture mismatch.
UpdateResources: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:1359:An internal error occurred.
...>Adding 5 Icon(s).
!>13:01:19 Error: EndUpdateResource: Returncode = 0 - LastError:1359:An internal error occurred.rc:2
!>13:01:19 Error: Program Resource updating Failed. The output program will not contain the Resource updates!rc:2
+>13:01:36 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished..

Will check it out why now I can replicate the issue.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Richard Robertson,

From the horse's mouth:

"Those are just fixed SciTE internal terms/options. I use one for direct compilation and the other for "Compile with Options" ie Show the GUI first".

M23

Jos, it is an expression - nothing personal! ;)

Spoiler

• Moderators

Jos,

Some people just do not want to believe - proof! ;)

M23

Spoiler

How do I run scripts as x64 when I chose not to use x64 tools when available in the autoit install?

I use 32 bit 99 % of the time but I'd like to try out things and mess with the x64 version as well.

I have AutoIt3_x64.exe pinned to my taskbar and SHIFT-drop the script I want to run. On PC's without win7 I have a shortcut on my desktop.

• Developers

How do I run scripts as x64 when I chose not to use x64 tools when available in the autoit install?

I use 32 bit 99 % of the time but I'd like to try out things and mess with the x64 version as well.

The intent is that this should work:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y

Does it?

Jos ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.