Jos

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

I disagree.

"--compress-icons=0" by default is OK but when user put his #AutoIt3Wrapper_UPX_Parameters then it should be taken without that default value.

For example: When user wants "--compress-icons=1" or "--compress-icons=2"

Ok, so your opinion is to use the current default when nothing is specified else only used what is supplied by the new directive?

I have no issue with doing it this way either. ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Heh, posted at same time. See code above for changes.

saw your update and am going to look at it now... ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, so your opinion is to use the current default when nothing is specified else only used what is supplied by the new directive?

Yes. Exactly.

I think when user fills UPX parametres instead of default ones he must know what he does and he shouldn't be restricted (by some hidden defaults in this case).

Also according to UPX's default value --compress-icons=2

--compress-icons=0 Don't compress any icons.

--compress-icons=1 Compress all but the first icon.

--compress-icons=2 Compress all icons which are not in the first icon directory. [DEFAULT]

maybe we should consider which value will be the best as Autoit3Wrapper default value:

--compress-icons=0 or --compress-icons=2 ?

• Developers

@Jos

Ok, to re-enable x86 compilation on x64 systems and vice versa, add the following around line 880:

; Set the proper compile option
; Set the CUI / GUI
If $INP_Change2CUI = "y" Then $s_CMDLine &= " /Console"
; add flag to make x86 EXEs on x64 systems
If $INP_UseX64 = "n" And StringInStr($AUT2EXE_PGM, "aut2exe_x64.exe") Then $s_CMDLine &= " /x86"
; add flag to make x64 EXEs on x86 systems
If $INP_UseX64 = "y" And StringInStr($AUT2EXE_PGM, "aut2exe.exe") Then $s_CMDLine &= " /x64"

And to fix my array error, change the following around line 917:

; get version info and manifest names and language ids in target file
Global $aVersionInfo, $aManifestInfo, $aTemp
If Not _EnumResourceNamesAndLangs($ScriptFile_Out, 16) Then ; RT_VERSION
    ; error, use default
    Dim $aVersionInfo[2][2] = [[1, 0], [1, 2057]]
Else
    $aVersionInfo = $g_aResNamesAndLangs
EndIf
If Not _EnumResourceNamesAndLangs($ScriptFile_Out, 24) Then ; RT_MANIFEST
    ; error, use default
    Dim $aManifestInfo[2][2] = [[1, 0], [1, 1033]]
Else
    $aManifestInfo = $g_aResNamesAndLangs
EndIf

Uploaded v 2.0.1.7 with these changes.

ps, you can also send me your updated autoit3wrapper.au3 source via PM because I can easily WinMerge the differences.

Thanks,

Jos ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Yes. Exactly.

I think when user fills UPX parametres instead of default ones he must know what he does and he shouldn't be restricted (by some hidden defaults in this case).

Also according to UPX's default value --compress-icons=2

maybe we should consider which value will be the best as Autoit3Wrapper default value:

--compress-icons=0 or --compress-icons=2 ?

Uploaded AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.8 to the Beta directory that has the new #AutoIt3Wrapper_UPX_Parameters directive.

I am going to use the same default as used by AUT2EXE which is: "--best --compress-icons=0" and added -qq to it to have it show less information in the SciTE outputpane.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Uploaded AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.8 to the Beta directory that has the new #AutoIt3Wrapper_UPX_Parameters directive.

I am going to use the same default as used by AUT2EXE which is: "--best --compress-icons=0" and added -qq to it to have it show less information in the SciTE outputpane.

OK. Very good!

Thanks Jos. ;)

Perhaps I will just wait until tomorrow and see if works then! ;)

M23

I tried your test directives with whatever I had laying around, and got no errors, sorry. All resources were added successfully, although it did take me 3 tries with my AV running :/ I'm running Win7 32-bit.

• Developers

Uploaded AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.9 to the Beta directory that just contains some code cleanup and update of the console output for the resource update section.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded a new Beta of Tidy v 2.1.0.0:

- it is much after when used on larger scripts

- Fixed bug with #Region Comments not being copied properly to #EndRegion statements.

Jos

Did anybody try it and:

- Noticed any difference?

- Nothing broken?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Sorry, I did use the new Tidy version and it seems to work fine. ;)

I still cannot get more than 1 resource to load using AIWrapper directives. :evil: I will have to wait until my son returns to work next week and try it on "my" laptop to see if it is machine dependent. :evil:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

Sorry, I did use the new Tidy version and it seems to work fine. ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

I still cannot get more than 1 resource to load using AIWrapper directives. :evil: I will have to wait until my son returns to work next week and try it on "my" laptop to see if it is machine dependent. :idea:

I cannot test it on a x64 OS yet, but did many tests on my WinXP machine today and haven't had it failed at all.

You could try compiling AutoIt3Wrapper yourself and use that version to see if that makes any difference.

Jos :evil:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Already thought of the self-compiled idea - guess what? :evil:

Oh, and my Vista is 32-bit, so that is not the problem.

M23

Edit: Works perfectly on the laptop - same OS and AV, same script and resources. Must be this machine. ;)

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Ya know, you could also try adding this directive to the source and recompiling:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker

I remember when I was doing some stuff with NSIS that Vista did weird stuff when no ExecutionLevel was specified, like outrageous CPU usage. Once I added an ExecutionLevel to the test app's manifest, everything was normal. So, try that and recompile AI3Wrapper and see what happens. If it works, maybe we should add it to the source. That value will just be ignored by XP.

Edited by wraithdu

@Jos

Couple verbage things that I keep changing in my version before I recompile your changes. Take them or leave them:

1) Around line 977 to fix indentation. Just a readability thing.

FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '                <requestedExecutionLevel')
FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '                    level="' & $INP_RES_requestedExecutionLevel & '"')
FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '                    uiAccess="false"')
FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '                />')

2) Couple comments I had added to these functions so I know what the heck is going on. Around line 1714 in the _Res_Update() function in the RT_BITMAP section:

$tSize = FileGetSize($InpResFile) - 14 ; file size minus the bitmap header
_WinAPI_SetFilePointer($hFile, 14) ; skip reading the bitmap header

3) Around line 1781 in the 'Case Else' of _Res_Update(), there's no reason to read the file size again, you already have it in $tSize:

_WinAPI_ReadFile($hFile, $pBuffer, $tSize, $bread, 0)

4) Just a proper case fix around line 2287. This should also be changed in the API files so Scite's autocomplete gets the case right:

Case $i_Rec_Param = "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel"

Have a Happy New Year!!! ;):evil: :evil:

• Developers

ps, you can also send me your updated autoit3wrapper.au3 source via PM because I can easily WinMerge the differences.

@Jos

Couple verbage things that I keep changing in my version before I recompile your changes. Take them or leave them:

Ok, I will do the Cut&Paste again :)

Have a Happy New Year!!! :evil::idea::evil:

Ook een gelukkig en gezond nieuwjaar voor jouw. ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

wraithdu,

Sorry, no dice. :evil:

The software on the 2 machines is identical and kept up to date, so I cannot imagine there is anything running on this desktop and not on the laptop. I have had a good look through the running processes and there is nothing I do not know about - more than I might like, but nothing suspicious. :evil: And I have tried it with the realtime AV and HIPS off - failed - although it works on the laptop with them on. ;) In fact after my son has been using the laptop over the holiday I am fairly sure that the opposite is likely to be true - I normally have to have a good clearout after he has gone. I wish he would not "forget" his own machine....

The most frustrating thing is that when we were all testing furiously a few days ago it worked perfectly. I have certainly installed nothing new since then. Must be climate change....or maybe my tinfoil hat needs remodelling, it has not been the same since we cooked the turkey in it........ :idea:

Thanks for the suggestions. If anything changes I will let you know - it must be something simple.

M23

Oh and a Happy New year to you two as well!

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

Yeah I know I could send the update via PM, but then I have to attach another 200K to my measly 1MB limit, and I have some other changes, like commented out and extra directives, added back the desktop refresh code, and included the Update_Directive() function calls for ProductVersion and UPX_Parameters. I know you don't want those in there, so I figure it's easier to post up individual changes when they are small. ;)

EDIT:

Ah, Dutch. Took me and google a minute to figure that out :evil:

Edited by wraithdu

• Developers

Just uploaded a new Beta v 2.0.1.13:

- Above changes from wraithdu.
- Changed the way X86/X64 is determined for the output: 
  When run in an X64 OS the output script will default to an X64 Compiled script.
  When run in an X86 OS the output script will default to an X86 Compiled script.
- Show Error window when Resource update fails giving the option to stop the process.

Jos ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.