Gecko Web Browser

dantay9

Hmm, i had tried it a couple of days back and came here to post about the rendering engine, noticed that it has been mentioned already : it would be nice to change the name or just say Gecko like Browser. i was actually very excited to see the speed and then when i went through the source to find out where and how u have used the Gecko engine, it was a disappointment :-(

Otherwise, its well built, fast, nice one...

Edited by rajeshontheweb

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Shafayat

You must have one of the older builds. Every time I fix a bug, I post the fixed code. I only make a post saying update when there are some major fixes or additions. Try downloading the newest version. That problem should be fixed.

• 6 months later...

I was looking at a few examples on the forum and came across object events from IE captured by ObjEvent. I don't work with objects very much, but this sounded interesting. I did a bit of searching on MSDN and found quite a bit of useful information. Favorites are saved to an ini file. The drop down menu only applies to favorites, not to previously visited websites. To add a favorite, click on the little star and it will light up. Click on it again to remove the website from favorites. I would love to hear any suggestions.

ToDo List:

1. Tabbed Browsing

2. Stop some links from opening in a new window. (Not realistic)

3. Images aren't always reliable.

4. Menu bar to edit favorites, view, history, etc.

5. Retrieve url history from local drives

Download available here.

Hey! Is there a way to get your gecko web browser working in Autoit 3 ?

This is all my error:

C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Includes\GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF.au3(15,106) : ERROR: Opt() called with illegal argument 1: "OnExitFunc"
Global $__GUICtrl_SetOnHover_sOriginal_OnExitFunc = Opt("OnExitFunc", "__GUICtrl_SetOnHover_OnAutoItExit")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Includes\ModernMenuRaw.au3(142,79) : ERROR: $WM_LBUTTONDOWN previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("WM_LBUTTONDOWN") Then Global Const $WM_LBUTTONDOWN = 0x0201
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Includes\ModernMenuRaw.au3(144,83) : ERROR: $WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK") Then Global Const $WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK = 0x0203
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Includes\ModernMenuRaw.au3(145,79) : ERROR: $WM_RBUTTONDOWN previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("WM_RBUTTONDOWN") Then Global Const $WM_RBUTTONDOWN = 0x0204
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Includes\ModernMenuRaw.au3(146,75) : ERROR: $WM_RBUTTONUP previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("WM_RBUTTONUP") Then Global Const $WM_RBUTTONUP = 0x0205
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Includes\ModernMenuRaw.au3(148,79) : ERROR: $WM_MBUTTONDOWN previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("WM_MBUTTONDOWN") Then Global Const $WM_MBUTTONDOWN = 0x0207
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Includes\ModernMenuRaw.au3(149,75) : ERROR: $WM_MBUTTONUP previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("WM_MBUTTONUP") Then Global Const $WM_MBUTTONUP = 0x0208
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Gecko Web Browser.au3(46,44) : ERROR: $WS_EX_COMPOSITED previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $WS_EX_COMPOSITED = 0x02000000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Gecko Web Browser.au3(241,33) : ERROR: AdlibEnable(): undefined function.
AdlibEnable("RedrawWindow", 2500)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\James\Desktop\Gecko Web Browser\Gecko Web Browser.au3 - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thanks

@James

Replace

Opt("OnExitFunc", "__GUICtrl_SetOnHover_OnAutoItExit")

with

OnAutoItExitRegister( "__GUICtrl_SetOnHover_OnAutoItExit" )

The isdeclared errors can be ignored.

Remove this line

Global Const $WS_EX_COMPOSITED = 0x02000000

and change AdlibEnable to AdLibRegister.

Edited by FuryCell
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update to fix the errors being showed. Like FuryCell said, the IsDeclared errors can be ignored.

@sxyObs

The GUI and the web browser aren't flashing on Windows XP Home. I don't have access to Windows Vista so I can't debug it for you. I have seen a few other topics here and here where it seems that Windows Vista has problems with double buffering.

I planned to eventually but haven't got around to doing it yet. I have been consumed with learning C#, so much so that I haven't been doing much AutoIt coding at all. And, after all, it's summer vacation for me. I have endless amounts of things to do.

You, or anyone else for that matter, is welcome to take my code and play with it, adding whatever you want. I just ask for you to reference me in your project.

Edited by dantay9

i changed your _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($GUI) to _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($GUI, 0, BitOR($RDW_INVALIDATE, $RDW_UPDATENOW)) and it works fine, but still the embedded IE still flickering :blink:

the best way for now is changing my window vista theme to window classic. 100 % no flickering ;)

does anyone knows or a script about changing vista theme? i tried forum but no success.

Edited by sxyObs

does anyone knows or a script about changing vista theme? i tried forum but no success.

Do you mean temporary (only change while the script runs) or permanent?