AutoIt Scite Project Starter

TuMbLeWeEd

Suggestion: To make it easier for others to help and to narrow down bugs

force declaration of all vars "Opt('MustDeclareVars',1)" , and try to stay away from global vars

with being able to pass ByRef there really is no need to use globals except for constants

Just my 2 cents.

Other than that, the idea and the concept of what your trying to do is great.

Once done I think it will help me out at work, where i have tons of projects.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggestion: To make it easier for others to help and to narrow down bugs

force declaration of all vars "Opt('MustDeclareVars',1)" , and try to stay away from global vars

with being able to pass ByRef there really is no need to use globals except for constants

Just my 2 cents.

Other than that, the idea and the concept of what your trying to do is great.

Once done I think it will help me out at work, where i have tons of projects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The event stuff just needs some globals (not shure :D )otherwise i can not acces them outside the GUI function (maybe bad design to begin with)

The "Opt('MustDeclareVars',1)" thing, i know (that was my next mission to do :D , always start with some quick idea and it gets out of hand then :) )

Version 0.5 (see first post for download)

-"Opt('MustDeclareVars',1)" implemented

-Some annoying bugs fixed (to much to name all)

Note: :D Limitation by AutoIt? Context menu in tree's only work well wen first left clicked !

Otherwise it keeps refering to the previuos left ckicked item (you see that the focus jumps back to that item)

Added:

-Context menu's (simple now, will add more features later)

-Originating dir visible in manager tree

-On poject open jumps to other layout

-Swtch between Manager and current project layout

-Some icons for the tree's (not the definitive one's)

-Functions visible in current project layout

-Insert function at cursor position (context menu in current project)

-Manager Tree refresh on new file added (on file save-as)

ToDo:

-Refresh current project tree on normal filesave and on save-as

-Open last project automatic

-Add project dir (more than one dir in manager)

-Jump to Function (find out how i can get clipboard data in Lua, and add the script then)

-.... some stuff i (or you) can come up with :)

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

i have an idea for ya, when u choose ur DIR, you see it flikkering alot.

maby you have to keep the generated treeitems invissible UNTILL its done generating.

this will look allot better

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

i have an idea for ya, when u choose ur DIR, you see it flikkering alot.

maby you have to keep the generated treeitems invissible UNTILL its done generating.

this will look allot better

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did try that now, the flikkering stops in the GUI

But did try it when SciTE is not Maximized, the whole desktop is flikkering :) (Why the hell dous it do that :D @"'àéç!'"& :D )

update ur script, so i can try it for ya :D

p.s. why is the refresh button a picture?? and why can't i see that picture :) (i see its a image button, because it aint text :D )

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

update ur script, so i can try it for ya :D

p.s. why is the refresh button a picture?? and why can't i see that picture :)  (i see its a image button, because it aint text :huh: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Normal you should see the same behavior as i do, the thing that triggers it on my pc's (winXP-home and win2000) is when there are the icons set to the tree (flikkering gone when i do not set them)

The button text you don't see, is because i set the $BS_ICON + $BS_FLAT on those buttons (for tryouts) and did not remove it because on winXP if dous show the text and just noticed on win2000 it has the behaviour you are saying (damn :D )

Version 0.5a in first post (fixed the 2 buttons)

Made a var so you can set the icons on/off

On line 8:$SETIMAGE = 1 is on and 0 for off

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

Here's something you might find useful, instead of deleting the control, clear the control of all items.

Global Const $TVM_DELETEITEM = 0x1101
Global Const $TVI_ROOT = -0x10000

Func _GUICtrlTreeViewDeleteAllItems($h_treeview)
    Return GUICtrlSendMsg($h_treeview, $TVM_DELETEITEM, 0, $TVI_ROOT)
EndFunc

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I just wanted to say that I really like this idea and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Scite is the best editor there is for au3 and this addition would solve my one gripe in not having a file explorer pane.

Nice gafrost :( , found the delete off the control a brutal workaround anyway (have to create the contextmenu's and everyting again then)

Are you working on UDF's for the treecontrol?

Also thanks for the reaction Hooch, will update it in a few days! :(

I have one problem with how it docks but I don't know that it can be solved, I run dual monitors with a single desktop, the project explorer window sets Scite to fullscreen of the primary monitor and then docks on the secondary. I still love it though :(

I'm looking at it possible udfs for treeview. been playing around with it, but keeping the ones i get to work in a file, so if i get enough functions working i'll submit it.

I also posted in the scrapes how to add color to treeview

Edited by gafrost

My setup has the primary on the right, the project window mounts to the left on the secondary. Maybe if you adjusted the Scite window to be @desktopwidth - $projectWindow width and positioned it that way...

My setup has the primary on the right, the project window mounts to the left on the secondary. Maybe if you adjusted the Scite window to be @desktopwidth - $projectWindow width  and positioned it that way...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Should be fixed now (search register for monitor resolution instead of using @desktopwidth)

Choise for 3 editors (if you have them installed), if you cancel it will use the selected one (the browse for editor will get hung, have to make an aditional option win for that)

Redone the treerefresh with thanks to gafrost

Option to switch icons on/off for the tree controls

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

I still had problems with the dual monitor setup. The project selector did not mount to the second monitor but the width of the Scite window was too small. I made the following change.....

;WinMove ( $EDITORCLASS, "", $pos[0] + 245, $pos[1] , $pos[2] - 245, $pos[3] )
WinMove ( $EDITORCLASS, "", $pos[0] + 245, $pos[1] , @DesktopWidth - 245, $pos[3] )

and that seemed to work. I can't properly recompile though. I am running the latest beta and I get an error on GUICtrlRead having 2 parameters when one is expected...

Edited by Hooch

I still had problems with the dual monitor setup. The project selector did not mount to the second monitor but the width of the Scite window was too small. I made the following change.....

;WinMove ( $EDITORCLASS, "", $pos[0] + 245, $pos[1] , $pos[2] - 245, $pos[3] )
WinMove ( $EDITORCLASS, "", $pos[0] + 245, $pos[1] , @DesktopWidth - 245, $pos[3] )

and that seemed to work. I can't properly recompile though. I am running the latest beta and I get an error on GUICtrlRead having 2 parameters when one is expected...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look if you run it from SciTE for the 3rd line in the output window, should be somting like

DefaultSettings.XResolution

Resolution = DefaultSettings.XResolution

Resolution = 1400 => if no value here then my regfind func is crappy :(

Let me know so i (try) to fix it

The winmove: On wich line did you change that, can post a compiled version for you then if you want

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

I added the @desktopwidth to the winMove call at lines at 189, 196 and 291.

My output window gives me...

Resolution = 1024

^w

... my actual resolution on my primary is 1280x1024 and 1024x768 on the secondary. I think the problem is that the primary does not have to be monitor #1 as it depends on how you arrange them. I'll atach a image of my settings to better show....

In this image if you could see the mouseover, the display marked as 2 is actually the Primary...

Edited by Jon

I added the @desktopwidth to the winMove call at lines at 189, 196 and 291.

My output window gives me...

Resolution = 1024

^w

... my actual resolution on my primary is 1280x1024 and 1024x768 on the secondary. I think the problem is that the primary does not have to be monitor #1 as it depends on how you arrange them. I'll atach a image of my settings to better show....

In this image if you could see the mouseover, the display marked as 2 is actually the Primary...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm grabbing the resolution now from the SciTE window when it's actualy maximized

That should do the trick

Look in first post for file

Couple of problems, here's the how it came about.

had scite open

started the projectselector

had scite minimized

pressed ctr+alt+p (forgot to un-minimize scite)

1st problem, treeview is unreadable at this point

possible fix - change

GUICtrlSetResizing ( $List_projects, $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKLEFT)

to

GUICtrlSetResizing ( $List_projects, $GUI_DOCKBORDERS)

or look into doing something like

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESIZED,"_ReSized")

2nd problem - once ctrl+alt+p has been hit, if i minimize projectselector it also minimizes scite, i restore scite it restores projectselector.

I believe if i select minimize on projectselector it should go back to waiting for ctr+alt+p to bring up the window again correct?

Edited by gafrost