New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.79

Jos

Uploaded a Beta version of SciTE v 2.26 with our modification is it here for those who would like to give that a try.

Just copy the 3 files to your SciTE directory.

The 2 HTML files contain the updated Docs and History so you can see the changes made to SciTE since the latest v1.79 we currently use.

Jos :huh2:

Cool, I've been meaning to ask you what you thought about finally migrating to the 2.x SciTE. Glad to see things headed that way.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Cool, I've been meaning to ask you what you thought about finally migrating to the 2.x SciTE. Glad to see things headed that way.

I will update the source in the trunk when it proofs to be stable and no issue are reported.

Also working on a new SciTE4AutoIt3 installer with all modifications made during the last 16 months.

Its some more work there since Jon updated the website and my defined auto-update process of the website won't work any more. ( no complaint Jon... :huh2: )

I have worked out most of the changes required and am close to be able to publish it when done.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I will update the source in the trunk when it proofs to be stable and no issue are reported.

Also working on a new SciTE4AutoIt3 installer with all modifications made during the last 16 months.

Its some more work there since Jon updated the website and my defined auto-update process of the website won't work any more. ( no complaint Jon... :huh2: )

I have worked out most of the changes required and am close to be able to publish it when done.

Jos

For what it's worth I've been using SciTE for the past hour to work on a script and it doesn't seem any of *my* Lua scripts are broken. I am, of course, not using SciTE4AutoIt nor the official scripts though mine are similar/identical in many cases.

The sad news is I'm now getting an error that I wasn't getting before but only when I compile.

Error: EndUpdateResource: Returncode = 0 - LastError:1359:An internal error occurred.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I DO however get an LUA error now from one of Mat's function header creation scripts:

...\AutoIt3_Include\LUA\MyTools.lua:171: attempt to concatenate a nil value

and the line from the LUA script:

while pname:find("_%s*$") do    -- Found an underscore, so need to get the next line, too
     i = i + 1
     line = line .. editor:GetLine(lineNum+i)  -- THIS IS LINE 171
end

I don't know LUA at all, so not sure how to fix that.

Edited by wraithdu

Here's the full LUA script:

http://code.google.com/p/m-a-t/wiki/UDFHeaderGenerator

I tried this modification, but it deadlocks Scite and I have to forcefully kill it:

while pname:find("_%s*$") do    -- Found an underscore, so need to get the next line, too
        i = i + 1
    if editor:GetLine(lineNum+i) ~= nil then
        line = line .. editor:GetLine(lineNum+i)
    end
end

Compiles with resource updates seem to be working fine for me.

It might have helped if I had included more info. Here is the Wrapper region

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\Images\pcretools.ico

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=AutoIt PCRE Expresion Builder

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=PCRE Toolkit

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=3.0.1.9

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=p

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=GEOSoft

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1033

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=md "%scriptdir%\Versions\%fileversion%"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%in%" "%scriptdir%\Versions\%fileversion%\%scriptfile%%fileversion%.au3"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%out%" "%scriptdir%\Versions\%fileversion%\%scriptfile%%fileversion%.exe"

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• Developers

The sad news is I'm now getting an error that I wasn't getting before but only when I compile.

Do you have your Explorer open on the scriptdirectory?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Here's the full LUA script:

http://code.google.com/p/m-a-t/wiki/UDFHeaderGenerator

I tried this modification, but it deadlocks Scite and I have to forcefully kill it:

i = i + 1
    if editor:GetLine(lineNum+i) ~= nil then
        line = line .. editor:GetLine(lineNum+i)
    end
end

I added the LUA to the AutoItTools.lua file and added the Tools definition in SciTEUser.properties and it is working fine.

How can I get it to go wrong?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hmm, it worked ok on an empty function, but a function with params gave me the errors. I integrated mine in its own LUA file and put the shortcuts in the user properties file, but the actual code is the same.

• Developers

Hmm, it worked ok on an empty function, but a function with params gave me the errors. I integrated mine in its own LUA file and put the shortcuts in the user properties file, but the actual code is the same.

Maybe its something on the Func() line? Let me know when you have a example to make it fail and I can have a look.

Anyway, here is a version of the au3.properties and AutoItTools.lua that I just created.

I moved the update for the Name into au3.properties to allow people to oevrride it in SciTEuser.properties with:

# *** Specify here the name you want to use of the UDF header creator  ***
UDFCreator=Your Name

Jos :huh2:

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Do you have your Explorer open on the scriptdirectory?

No I didn't Jos.

George

• Developers

No I didn't Jos.

Strange... There is no relation between the new SciTE version and this error as this is coming from AutoIt3Wrapper and only have seen it when either Explorer is open of some other program tries to lock the file during the Resource updating process.

I have made some changes to the latest Beta of AutoIt3Wrapper which now deletes the EXE file just before running aut2exe in an effort to "tell" explorer to release it.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Then I should try the Beta?

George

Heading there in a few minutes, all H3LL broke loose around here all of a sudden.

George

Here's a fuller set of weirdness that passes Au3Check, so should work with this function:

Func _func1($doesnt_like_underscores_in_param_names, _
    $param2) ; _func1
    ;
EndFunc

Func _func2($param1, _ ; comment
    $param_2) ; _func2
    ;
EndFunc

Func _func3($ok) ; my func
    ;
EndFunc

Func _func4() ; no params, for completeness