Simple Question

Shawndt

I am automating an install. I use the WinwaitActive command to Identify the active window. I send commands to the window. My problem is when the installation is complete it ask to click finish to complete install. My problem is the window never changes from the initial winwaitactive window(Title never changes). Because of this I cannot send a command to the window to click finish. Is there a way around this issue?

I am going to assume (risky) that something changes in the window to ask to click.

Its that change you want to look for using the autoit window info tool.

You are correct kind Sir. When the install is almost done a button pops up that says finish. How do I key on this what is the command. Would you have an example?

• Developers

You are correct kind Sir. When the install is almost done a button pops up that says finish. How do I key on this what is the command. Would you have an example?

Use the Au3info tool to find what is unique and read the help file on how to go about things like this, especially the "Using Autoit" section is of interest. Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)