Sign in to follow this  
goldenix

can I put variable into memory?

goldenix

Say I have a $string = '000210110101010101101'

is it possible to put it into a memory so I can access this string with another executable written in lets say visual basic, then do something with this string (compress it for example) with my other executable, put it back to memory & use my script again to output the final version of the string?

If its possible can I get an example code & maybe some explanations how the thing works?

Edited by goldenix

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

JRowe

What you're after is interprocess communication, or IPC. There are several methods, ranging from TCP, file relay, named pipes, a custom dll using the data_seg #pragma in c++, and direct memory reading (requiring mem_read style functions in both processes.)

What method you use is up to your experience and the requirements of the program. You would probably be best served by using either a TCP solution or a database.

What you'd do is create a message handler in both processes to let both know when messages were being sent, when they'd been processed, and when they should be retrieved. The AutoIt SQLite UDF will provide an interface to a database.