Hate IE can I use Chrome?

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement of preference and a request for a work around.

Let's keep this civil, shall we?

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!

thank you.

I saw that someone made an extension to use FireFox with autoit and I was wondering if that has happen for chrome.

:mellow:

added:

here is the firefox thing i was talking about

http://groups.google.com/group/mozlab/msg/acb2e006911f9db0

Edited by rifts

• Developers

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement of preference and a request for a work around.

Let's keep this civil, shall we?

I don't think I was addressing you so have no idea why you replied.

As to keeping it civil remark: I am mature enough to determine what I can and cannot say on these forums and don't need you to teach me anything. Clear?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It looks like this feature is still in alpha, they are creating a Google Chrome 'Frame'. This is intended for embedding in IE, but it seams reasonable that we would be able to leverage this and use it in AutoIt as well.

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!

I'm sorry you misread my intent.

I replied because I felt it was a demeaning comment, and if we were conversing in person (rifts, Jos, and I) I would have called you on it just the same.

I have no desire to 'teach' you anything, it was merely an attempt to nudge this thread away from a browser flamewar before things got out of hand.

• Developers

...it was merely an attempt to nudge this thread away from a browser flamewar before things got out of hand.

No need to try and perform our job. I would think my statement was pretty clear that starting a thread like this with that comment isn't terribly smart.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I would think my statement was pretty clear that starting a thread like this with that comment isn't terribly smart.

Actually, if that is what you intended, then I grossly misinterpreted your statement.

• Developers

Actually, if that is what you intended, then I grossly misinterpreted your statement.

You did read the Title of this topic?

That is what my comment was about since "hating IE" is one of the most silly reason for wanting to do it differently. (And yes ... I am being very polite now)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This has been posted before, but for the sake of the Department of Redudancy Dept.,

IE exposes a COM API that AutoIt can use. Firefox and Chrome do not. The FF.au3 UDF only works with Firefox if you first install a plug-in that exposes SOME functionality to scripting. Scripts written to FF.au3 will not function where that plug-in is not installed.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You did read the Title of this topic?

That is what my comment was about since "hating IE" is one of the most silly reason for wanting to do it differently. (And yes ... I am being very polite now)

I did read the title, but I felt that disliking a product was a perfectly valid reason (at least in the short room provided by the title). I'm sure that, if asked, rifts could provide a lengthy list of why he would prefer not to use IE. I know I could.

I started automating my workflow with AutoHotkey, and I have a laundry list of reasons why I prefer AutoIt. However, if I were asked (and was short on time) I would probably simply reply that I hate working with AutoHotkey and prefer AutoIt whenever even marginally possible.

That being said, despite my initial reaction, this has been one of the more amiable disagreements I've had on forums :mellow:. If you would like to discuss the relative merits of IE/Alternatives, VI/Emacs/Scite, or anything else for that matter, I do think that I would enjoy that, but I think we should move it to another thread as we're getting a bit off track :(.

Fulano

Edit: Grammar is not my friend today.

Edited by Fulano

• 1 month later...

As a forum moderator (albeit on another website that apparently treats its clients/customers with a lot more courtesy) I would like to assure you that not all replies are, in my opinion, as obnoxious as this one. Keep posting, who knows, one day you'll reach someone who has passed puberty.

Fulano - correct it was a demeaning comment and yes apparently you are required to do their job as obviously they are incapable of achieving

a successful outcome (which is the whole point of a forum) without making us feel worthless by our selection of the title that in our minds seems correct :-)

Personally I find that that the title of a post rarely has little bearing on the content of the question and to base what I see as an adverse comment upon it is, well frankly, pointless and self-serving.

The approach to answering questions of this type generally separates good moderators from the chaff.

For example if the question had been asked a hundred times before then of course the answer would be 'its been asked a hundred times before an here is the

answer + reference URL' for which 'PsaltyDS' gets 7 out of 10. Only 7 because of course there is no reference to the standard reply - ennhh, lose 10 points.

Remember - just because you have a lot of posts against your name does not necessarily mean that gives you the right to treat the rest of us like s__t, especially when its a matter of simple courtesy.

I suggest certain people take a humility pill.

The really cool thing about this is that I won't visit this thread again, no, really, I'm that kinda guy, so feel free to post whatever you want because, well, I won't be reading it, just like a certain developer who couldn't be bothered to read the content of the original post to this thread.

As a forum moderator (albeit on another website that apparently treats its clients/customers with a lot more courtesy) I would like to assure you that not all replies are, in my opinion, as obnoxious as this one. Keep posting, who knows, one day you'll reach someone who has passed puberty.

So you think that because you're a moderator elsewhere you have saying over how this forum runs? The moderators do a great job, they're not paid for it, and lead extremely busy and working lives. Go fuck yourself.

For example if the question had been asked a hundred times before then of course the answer would be 'its been asked a hundred times before an here is the

answer + reference URL' for which 'PsaltyDS' gets 7 out of 10. Only 7 because of course there is no reference to the standard reply - ennhh, lose 10 points.

PsaltyDS is a long term member of the forum and awards MVP (Most Valuable Programmer) due to his kind and educational nature. How dare you comment on such generosity, when I see nothing but a shit bashing from you?

We're not here to give the answer straight if the question is easy. We will help more when questions become a little bit more difficult.

Remember - just because you have a lot of posts against your name does not necessarily mean that gives you the right to treat the rest of us like s__t, especially when its a matter of simple courtesy.

The really cool thing about this is that I won't visit this thread again, no, really, I'm that kinda guy, so feel free to post whatever you want because, well, I won't be reading it, just like a certain developer who couldn't be bothered to read the content of the original post to this thread.

Post count means nothing around here to most people. If it's a matter of simple courtesy, perhaps you should take a step back and look at the crap you've just given to PDS?

Jos is a developer of SciTE, not and I repeat, not, AutoIt. Where's your "reference".

I hate people like you. Bash before you've taken a look at yourself. You're no better.

James

Wow, who ordered the extra-large piss-and-cornflakes for breakfast this morning?

Nobody is obligated to like IE. He asked about Chrome. Commenting on why his opinion is wrong is off-topic. Period.

Calling people names and telling them to f--- off is immature and stupid. Period.

Has this forum really deteriorated this badly?