pixel search question about shade variation

I guess this question is more on the topic of hexadecimal. I set up a script to monitor my pixel search area and monitor how it works. Maybe i dont exactly know how the hexadecimal manifests its self in shade variation but im confused.

So i have the color 0x601616, im just trying to figure out the red part ( 60 ) if im not mistaken. It is supposed to wait on PixelSearch(1764, 1009, 1768, 1013, 0x601616, 16). The color is 0x3C1917 but it triggers still. My threshold is 16 but it still was trying to trigger the whole time. Maybe im missing something but hexadecimal goes from 0 - F, being 16 chars. So from c - 0 is 3 chars, plus the change from 6 to 3 is 16*3 which all totals 51. The pixel search is designed to give an array when it comes within 16, but it is doing so when the color is 51 shades away, am i missing something? Thanks!

No idea, but my money is on, its working decimaly.

If its just the red you are interested in then why not just check the red, as I think the variation is for all colours anyway.

Have a look at this thread.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.