Forum Search

None of the forums seem to indicate where to comment on the forums (as opposed to AutoIt issues). The Bug/Feature Request refers specifically to the language, so I'll start here.

I seem to waste a lot of time on fruitless searching and it really boils down to the fact that you cannot "AND" search terms. This is nothing unique - most technical forums seem to have the same setup. The problem is that every word is likely to produce hundreds of results (since the technical vocabulary is limited) and adding extra search words (that are OR'd) produces hundreds more.

I can only assume it's done that way to save server processing time (or the forum software does not have the capability). I suspect it does nothing of the sort. You try a search and check maybe 100 results. No luck. You try new search words. No luck. Several hours later no usable results from many searches. By AND'ing words (even two of them) cuts down the results considerably and increases the quality no end. If you don't get the answers then you start OR'ing.

Most searches I've tried bring up about 40 pages of results (the max?).

You're not the first to have search difficulties, I always use the advanced search now and look in titles only using keywords related to my search.

Others use google to search this forums and say they get better results with "and"

unfortunately I cannot remember the thread I read about it, perhaps a forum search would reveal it :idea:

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.