AutoIt doesn't quit on Exit

Run( "cmd.exe" )
 ConsoleWrite( "Now should exit!" )
 Exit

The following code will not exit until the child process cmd.exe exits... was this always the case? If yes, I'd like to know why (to educate my self).

How can I avoid this?

Thanks!

RK

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

It isn't a Autoit3 issue because you will see in the Taskmanager that AutoIt3.exe is finishes fine.

Add this to your SciTEuser.properties and try again:

command.go.$(au3)="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

You will see it exits fine.

I checked AutoIt3Wrapper and it looks like SciTE has some issues with the STDOUT/STDERR and reading the buffers doesn't error out.

I made a workaround in the current Beta version of Autoit3Wrapper to test for Autoit3.exe finishing and no STDxxx being read from the buffers.

Try to see if that fixes it for you.

Jos :idea:

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Cool! It now works with no problems. I'm gald it wasn't an AutoIt bug

Thanks A lot!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix