PixelChecksum/PixelGetColor for Inactive/Unfocused Winows

Alright, so I want to use PixelChecksum or PixelGetColor on a window that I'm not focused on. For instance if a progress bar goes above 50% (maybe a torrent program) and autoit checks to see if it is whilst I'm on another window such as browsing this window. Is that possible?

I tried this but it doesn't work. It still gets the color from whatever windows is ontop of msn.

Sleep(1000)
$handle = WinGetHandle ("Windows Live Messenger")
$test = PixelGetColor(438,232, $handle)
While 1=1
    If $test <> PixelGetColor(438,232, $handle) Then
        MsgBox(0,"Works", "works")
    EndIf
    Sleep(3000)
WEnd

Is it possible to find a pixel change or get a color by using the alt-tab feature or the window slider feature? Or is it possible to get info from windows that are outside your resolution? I really want to be able to retrieve color information or color change while I browse or whatever.

Edited by eNergizer

If the window is visible you can check a pixel colour, if it is not, you cannot.

There is no other way of putting it.

If the progress bar is some sort of control you can check the state of then perhaps you could do it that way, but I doubt it in a torrent client.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• 11 months later...
  • Developers

maybe there is a easy way.......

but it's a big, big secret, I swear!

Ok ... you asked for it ....

Bye bye

Edit: you are even more stupid than I already thought you were.

What were you thinking to report the PM I send you to stop posting in Game Bot related threads?

Did it never dawn to you that I would see all reports.

5 days posting ban and only return when you can behave. You will be under Mod preview after that to demonstrate you can behave.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I am glad you helped me to proof my point beyond any doubt by reporting my post with these comments:

Is "Calling stupid with no reason" included in the law "Do what a moderator says"?

Or is it against the law "Do not be [...] rude [...]" - even if a member of the royal family broke it?

Your grace, I would recommend a voluntary self-post-ban for one or two days if the culprit accept is guild.

If not please don't care - I'm just a stupid farmer.

Lets see what else you have to report in 4 days when your ban is over. Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)