AutoIT Framework

Over the years I've written stand-alone AutoIt scripts for specific purposes. So that now I have a large number of little scripts scattered all over. Each one using different methods to do common operations (message logging, error traping, etc), depending on my AutoIt experience at the time I wrote it.

As part of a project to consolidate and standardize all of these scripts, and to make them all accessable from a consistent set of HotKeys and Windows Shortcuts, I found myself moving towards a framework of common methods that could be shared by all the scripts, that I call HotRod. Attached is my first try at this kind of framework.

All of the framework code is in a set of AutoIt files with three letter names (ACE, BKE). The functions to perform specific actions are defined in lower level includes under the "PRO" (for Profile) directory. The main program is "_HRD" which sets up the framework and waits for HotKey sequences or a call from a Windows Shortcut (the LNK program) to execute a specific function.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone else working along similar lines, or comments on what I've done so far.

HotRod_Prelim.zip

• 6 years later...

@Sandeeptrp Do you realize that this thread is 6 years old!? And I don't think @AGlassman is still maintaining his framework accounting that he hasn't posted a single update since the first version :mellow:.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

8 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

@Sandeeptrp Do you realize that this thread is 6 years old!? And I don't think @AGlassman is still maintaining his framework accounting that he hasn't posted a single update since the first version :mellow:.

Maybe what you had just said can be a scenario but No Problem all I want a Solution for my Problem; If he sees and reply it, then thats a Plus Point for me else I am on my Track as usual

5 hours ago, Sandeeptrp said:

Good Try,

But  an Issue is displayed will running the code, it says error: "_IIF() : undefined Function" 

Pls Fix it

Go back to AutoItversion before 3.3.10.x then it runs, or do what is suggested:

• Removed: Documentation and example for _Iif(). Scripts should be updated to use ternary operators instead. THIS IS A SCRIPT BREAKING CHANGE.
Edited by AutoBert