How to make script remember a sent random value?

Hi. I'm really new in AutoIT and programming / scripting in general, so be warned ;)

Send("a")
Send(Chr(Random(97, 122, 1)))

This sends a random 5-characters text starting with the letter "a".

Now, I want this random text to be remembered in some variable and then to be used in other place. (Using "Send" function.) How to do this in the easiest and most convenient way possible?

Many thanks,

G.

Local $String = "a" ;this stores the letter a in a variable for later use.
For $i = 0 To 3 ; repeats code 4 times
 $String &= Chr(Random(97, 122, 1)) ;adds one random letter to the string.
Next ;to end the for loop.
;the variable $String a now contains a 5 letter string starting with "a"
Send($String) ;sends the string stores in $String
;do something else with $String here

Have a look here for some basic autoit tutorials.

Local $String = "a" ;this stores the letter a in a variable for later use.
For $i = 0 To 3 ; repeats code 4 times
 $String &= Chr(Random(97, 122, 1)) ;adds one random letter to the string.
Next ;to end the for loop.
;the variable $String a now contains a 5 letter string starting with "a"
Send($String) ;sends the string stores in $String
;do something else with $String here

Have a look here for some basic autoit tutorials.

Adding on to this, if you wanted to be able to parse the string into the individual characters sent, you'd want to use $SomeArray = StringSplit($String,"") and your array would hold the characters sent starting at $SomeArray[1]. Or you could just do this instead:

Local $SomeArray[5]
$SomeArray[0] = "a"
For $i = 1 To 4
 $SomeArray [$i] = Chr(Random(97, 122, 1))
Send($SomeArray[$I])
Next

This does the same thing as the above without going through the extra step of splitting the string first. You can even combine the 2 scripts together depending upon what you later want to do with the information you've sent.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator