Any help appreciated

Hi, All!

I'm new to AutoIt, but not to scripting. This seems like the perfect tool for the project I'm attempting.

I'd like to use swfc.exe (from swftools.com) to create flash rollover buttons without using Flash. I can do it by writing the appropriate .sc file and running it through swfc.exe, but I'd like to automate the this process. Here's my punch-list of AutoIt needs:

• Create a new text file (whatever.sc)
  • Gather parameters via gui interface
  • Write text (with parameters) to whatever.sc
  • execute swfc whatever.sc
  • delete whatever.sc

So far, I'm stuck by not being able to create a fresh text file.

Any thoughts at all? Thanks in advance.

~Dave!~

FileOpen (in write mode) and FileWrite will create a new file if the specified filename does not exist.

If you use FileOpen, then don't forget to FileClose.

If you are writing the entire file at once, you can specify a path in FileWrite directly and not bother with FileOpen and FileClose.

FileOpen (in write mode) and FileWrite will create a new file if the specified filename does not exist.

If you use FileOpen, then don't forget to FileClose.

If you are writing the entire file at once, you can specify a path in FileWrite directly and not bother with FileOpen and FileClose.

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! I choked up on FileWrite because I thought the file needed to exist first. Silly me.

I'll be back with my progress.

~Dave!~

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! I choked up on FileWrite because I thought the file needed to exist first. Silly me.

I'll be back with my progress.

~Dave!~

And, I'm back.

I got the file to write and have my variables working. Now, I need to put together the GUI.

I have an input box, but when I try to retrieve the contents I get a value instead. The following code returns "5" regardless of what is typed in the input box.

$fyle = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 100, 100, 20)
          MsgBox(0, "GUI Event", $fyle)

I know I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out what the obvious thing is...yet.