Detect that a webpage hasnt refreshed

I have a webpage that I will be sending updates for my software through... This is quite common for me but this time the update might not always be there so what I need it to do is relize that I have updated it.

The webpage has a auto refresher in there so when I dont update it it will refresh the page every 10 second so I want it to detect that a update has been made because the webpage hasnt been updated in the last 30 seconds

How can I do this I assume _IEHeadInsertEventScript might be the answer to my issue but not sure if this will do it thank you

I'm not familiar with IE UDF, but perhaps you could have an _IELoadWait() with a timeout in your loop, if it times out then thr page has not refreshed.

as I said Im unfamiliar, so dont take this as an answer, rather a suggestion.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Try

$oIE.document.lastModified

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 3 weeks later...

how do I work that fucntion I cant find it in the help file

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IE_Introduction ("basic")

MsgBox(0, "", $oIE.document.lastModified)
Sleep(5000)
_IEAction($oIe, "Refresh")
MsgBox(0, "", $oIE.document.lastModified)

This will create an IE Object then show a message box when the document was last modified. In this case that would be when it was opened. It works by using the handel/pointer/WE Im not good with these things, to the IE document and retrieves the Time that it was last altered.

PS Thanks Dale for pointing that out.