How to determine where a Link points in IE

apstanto

_IELinkClickByText works fine, but I want to know where the link points, with out necessarily clicking on it. When I hold my mouse over the link, it's url shows up on the information bar at the bottom of IE. I want to programmatically get that link. Anybody know how? Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't realize that's what $oLink.href did.

So I'll have to loop through all the links on the page until I get to my desired one. I have the text on the link, so is there documentation to read or an easy way to get the text? Something like $oLink.name? Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't realize that's what $oLink.href did.

So I'll have to loop through all the links on the page until I get to my desired one. I have the text on the link, so is there documentation to read or an easy way to get the text? Something like $oLink.name? Thanks!

Does the link have an ID? you could do _IEGetObjByID()

I don't see an ID when looking at the HTML code. I might be looking in the wrong place or for the wrong thing, though.

I could use _IEGetObjByName for that matter. But I'd have to fish through a bunch of frames, which I have not had great luck with doing. I know the text of the link, so I just want an easy way to get the url. Clicking on it works great! I want to know where it will take me "If" I click on it.