If button is clicked

iiyama

Hi,

I was wondering if it were possible to wait and see if a button were pressed then do the following.

I've done a search and can't seem to come up with anything.

Here's a small example

WinWaitActive ("Log me in")

ControlClick("Log me in", "", "Button1")

This would automaticaly click the Button1 "Enter" button

But what I would want is that it only proceed with the script if the "Button1" is selected by the user.

this is so that if the user clicks/selects the Button1 then a file would get created that I could then use at a later date.

Or if the Cancel or another Button is pressed then this file wouldn't get created.

This is using a standard aplication and not an autoit GUI otherwise I wouldn't have a problem with this.

I hope someone could give me a little help.

Thanks.

You want to log what a user is doing on a third party application?

I want to create a file if a process from a 3rd party application is run and completed successfully

For example outlook is run and a "window" like Spellcheck is run and a full spellcheck is then selected and it isn't cancelled.

The only way I can think of doing it is a msg box after say Spellcheck is closed with a Yes or No to create a file.

The problem with this is it's another popup box that I was hoping i could bypass.

I guess it wasn't possible then.

I think I've got around the problem, not as clean as i'd like it but it seems to work ok.

I've made a GUI that opens when the 3rd party application popup is activated, it will then overlay the Ok and Cancel buttons, allowing me to create additional files depending on the button presses.

Should anyone have a better way of doing this then I'd be open to any suggestions.