Sign in to follow this  
strawman2

Help with paste after a press of hotkey

strawman2

I fill out the same form hour after hour at work to our internal webpage, using data from excel/word/outlook. I have been able to jump to first form field (this is in firefox) when I press ALT+D, which is easier than tab as I can just slide my thumb to the left, what I want AutoIT to do now is to paste or 'ctrl+v' either way, I will already have the data on my clipboard, hit ALT+D, and then it pastes.

If someone could guide me where to read on how to do this or assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

Basically, I press ALT+D, jumps to first form field (have this part done), AutoIT pastes whats on clipboard (usually 10-20 characters of info).

Thanks!

strawman2

Not sure how to set _ispressed,

I am a complete noob, but can I do 'OnEvent("!d","Send("^v")' ?

Thanks

I don't need getclip because I will manually put the item to paste on the clipboard with CTRL+C, I need it to send (CTRL+V) Send("^v") after I press Alt+D or "!d"

omikron48

If the information is already on the Clipboard, then use Send("^v").

As for the shortcut, you can just make functions then trigger them by registering hotkeys via HotKeySet.

You don't really need to use _IsPressed if the functionality that you want is just a plain old keyboard shorcut.

Edited by omikron48

somdcomputerguy

but can I do 'OnEvent("!d","Send("^v")' ?

Put the Send line in the function that the ALT-d key combo hotkeys.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

somdcomputerguy

Ya, that's what I meant, C45Y. I just read my earlier post.. :graduated:

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.