AutoIT3.exe %* parameter

RazerM

I have a script that behaves differently when run from the 'Run Script' context menu compared with running through SciTE or typing "Autoit.exe script.au3" in to the command line. I've looked in the registry to see a %* parameter is added after the scriptname.

Running from the commandline with the added %* parameter causes the script to behave as it does through the context menu.

What does it do?

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Assuming your revering with "'Run Script' context menu" to the context menu of the windows-Explorer.

I think '%*' behaves differently depending on the file type that it links to.

If its a exe, it run's a new instant of this executable for every selected file. With only that selected file as additional parameter.

If its a bat file. It will run this bat file, only one instant, with all the selected files as additional parameters.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...