au3Impact

bogQ

Agreed, Ive never been bothered by it because I dont play computer games so everything else seems to be fine, but I've been wanting to have a go at something like this and cant get my head around irrlicht (sp) so I've amended my letter to to santa christmas.

Really want to check this out.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I got sound example and funcs for it to work :graduated:

I feel that this engine gona b lots of fun ^^

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Hi and thank you for sharing, your doing well with it bogQ,

Like the sounds part of it, does look like a fun engine to work with.

Surprised people aren't showing more interest in your progress.

Keep up the good work :graduated:

The only thing I could recommend is hitting F5 in scite when you have au3impact.au3 or examples loaded.

This way you may catch the warnings and errors and tidy them.

This is what I get

C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\au3impact.au3(2684,23) : ERROR: syntax error
    If @error Then @error
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\au3impact.au3(2684,23) : ERROR: multi-line 'If' missing 'Then'.
    If @error Then @error
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\au3impact.au3(2722,23) : ERROR: syntax error
    If @error Then @error
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\au3impact.au3(2722,23) : ERROR: multi-line 'If' missing 'Then'.
    If @error Then @error
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\au3impact.au3(2751,23) : ERROR: syntax error
    If @error Then @error
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\au3impact.au3(2751,23) : ERROR: multi-line 'If' missing 'Then'.
    If @error Then @error
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\au3impact.au3 - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)
!>19:00:47 AU3Check ended.rc:2

Then when I run examples from scite:

SoundMusic.au3

C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\SoundMusic.au3(110,39) : WARNING: $Ball: possibly used before declaration.
    $cameratarget = iBodyLocationCM($Ball)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\SoundMusic.au3(111,52) : WARNING: $Camera: possibly used before declaration.
    if iKeyDown($DIK_SPACE) Then iCameraLookAt($Camera,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\SoundMusic.au3(128,75) : WARNING: $FontWhite: possibly used before declaration.
    iPrintCentered("[Space] to track the ball",0,-11.5,0.5,0.5,0.1,$FontWhite,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\SoundMusic.au3(129,53) : WARNING: $KeySound: possibly used before declaration.
    if iKeyClick($DIK_RETURN) Then iSoundPlay($KeySound,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\SoundMusic.au3(136,30) : WARNING: $BallMusic: possibly used before declaration.
    iSoundLocationSet($BallMusic,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\SoundMusic.au3(63,72) : WARNING: $Ball: declared global in function only. Prefer top of file.
    Global $Ball=iBodySGCreate(@ScriptDir & "\default_res\ball_.spg",0.13)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

GlassEffect.au3

C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\GlassEffect.au3(109,39) : WARNING: $Ball: possibly used before declaration.
    $ballLocation = iBodyLocationCM($Ball)
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\GlassEffect.au3(110,23) : WARNING: $Camera: possibly used before declaration.
    iCameraLookAt($Camera,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\GlassEffect.au3(126,25) : WARNING: $Envmap: possibly used before declaration.
    iEnvMapFocusSet($Envmap,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\GlassEffect.au3(62,72) : WARNING: $Ball: declared global in function only. Prefer top of file.

TextStrings.au3

C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\TextStrings.au3(74,67) : WARNING: $Seconds: possibly used before declaration.
    $TextString = "HELLO "&"RUNNING TIME : "&Int(_Timer_Diff($Seconds)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\TextStrings.au3(80,51) : WARNING: $FontWhite: possibly used before declaration.
    iPrintCentered($TextString,1,1,1,1,0.1,$FontWhite,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\TextStrings.au3(66,35) : WARNING: $Seconds: declared global in function only. Prefer top of file.
   Global $Seconds = _Timer_Init()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

TrueMirror.au3

C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\TrueMirror.au3(130,39) : WARNING: $Ball: possibly used before declaration.
    $cameratarget = iBodyLocationCM($Ball)
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\TrueMirror.au3(131,23) : WARNING: $Camera: possibly used before declaration.
    iCameraLookAt($Camera,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Temp\AutoIt\3Impact\au3impact\TrueMirror.au3(105,72) : WARNING: $Ball: declared global in function only. Prefer top of file.

Cheers

Ty for report, If @error Then @error i already know that for 2 out of 3 funcs (ty for third func that i missed), edit will b up when i finish (if i finish) ParticlesDust example together with some correction on dllcall of usage bool or float instead int and return int instead ptr.

As for possibly used before declaration they are declared when used.

i gues i can predeclare them infront of _run _init funcs instead of declaring them in funcs as globals. (full scite can b pain in the *** sometimes :graduated: ,thats why i keep it instaled on other comp )

They r probably, only problem is that i updated alot, so now noone cant see real download numbet. :/

I will try after i translate some more examples to make small pinball game to see how easy is to work with on this engine :(

Edited by bogQ

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the liberty of wrapping almost all of the remaining 3impact functions with an AutoIt script. None have been tested yet, since the process was automated. I'll be testing the functions, and fixing up parameter names and function headers..

Great work you started here.. This will open the incredible power of 3d gaming to AutoIt users.

As far as gaming wrappers are concerned. Both irrlich and 3impact are really useful. but 3impact has all the magic of inbuilt ODE that can be used for anything from pucman to need for speed type games.

jestermon`s update to au3impact.zip

Edited by jestermon

@jestermon

Dont get your christmas joy down when reading this :x

Automaticly wraped funcs are already done from JRowe on 18 January 2010 :P (and he started this project and not me, i only started topic and got things to work on funcs with 3ImpactApp.cpp and first ball example and continue after it, so you beter edit your post on 3impact forum :nuke: ) "this maby sound like JRowe did something small, but he did more than enought in my head, i mean 'I wrestled with that for weeks without making it work' isnt something that someone will not appreciate"

I dont mind haveing your udf but (in my brain) the problem finding where error is or whats wrong is more pain than to rewrite it all. Up to now udf have only tested working (at least i hope 98% working) and documented funcs on provided translated examples.

At this point i wud gladly add some working (tested) funcs with ducumentation that anyone offer from new translated examples that i dont have, together with example on how to use them if i already dont have them or fixes to provided example-funcs-funcsdocumentation, or based on personal example. Adding not tested and not documented funcs with plus no example using them to original udf is something what i will not do (at least documanted and tested will work).

With your permission i can attach your udf to to my main post, or maby its better for you and mee to meet on sourceforge.net and add your udf there (you can pm me on forum to make arrangements when you finde time). Only so that you know 3Impact isnt my main ocupation heare at the present time, testing irrlicht is. Even tho i started to do some small work on 3Impact i will not work on funcs rapidly untill irrlicht udf is almost or is compleat. If you wondering why, answer is that i will wait for linus to determan when is the right time to add himself to this project (and anyone else ofc), if he still whant to that is, and i hope that all funcs for Impact will b up and runing 100% in notime and that we will all have one more full engine under our fingers.

Edit:

almost forgot, ParticlesDust example is done together with some uninportand fixes, http://sourceforge.net/projects/au3impact/files/ i dont remamber what i did put there probably example and funcs for ParticlesDust r working but im not 100% shure so thats why im not posting :shifty: , il post it heare when my small help document is finish so that i can post them together, hopfuly il b done it in 2-3 dayes.

Edited by bogQ

@bogQ

Correction made on the 3impact forum, giving JRowe his rightful dues. Sorry about that little misquote.

I have expanded the au3Irrlicht2 wrapper extensively with a secondary math and vector UDF set that also adds many functions missing from irrlicht itself. But since this is not on topic, I will address this later in the appropriate thread.

Great work done on the 3impact wrapper, it solved a few dll structure questions I had, that were sorted out after working the work you guys had done. Thereafter the automation process was easy.

I agree with you, that examples that use well documented working functions is a must, in order to make this a viable wrapper that the community can use. But I will be running with this from my side as well, since I have a need for this to make certain tools that I need reasonably soon.

Adding my udf to your main post makes a lot of sense, and you are most welcome to do so.

With Christmas around the corner, there won't be much time to get involved in a source-forge project. But I am certainly looking forward to getting involved, once the jolly season is behind us.

I shall certainly look forward to any enhancements you make, and am sure that the udf's will merge into a single well documented tool when the exercise is all over. There is a need to have a single point of release, and I agree that source-forge may prove to be the viable solution.

Edited by jestermon

• 6 months later...

Ty monoscout999

comment-end---- error i cant replicate, is it from full scite version, beta?

I mean i know that there is ---- on every func, but this is the first time that someone tell me that ---- is reproducing error, i know that it's not good practice put anything behinde '#comments-*' directives (its not even docymanted that you can do that) but i hate using ';' ';~' especialy becase im trying to replicate the small help file directly from reading the UDf and to have shorter work im trying ton to use ';' ';~' instead of almost dyplicating the work from creating '.chm'.

btw.

if you already did not, if au3impact cant offer it search the forum for au3irrlicht from JRowe if you`r looking for more fun :huh2: .

Edited by bogQ

• 1 year later...

You didn't look very hard did you? Did you click on the Au3Impact UDF link on that page?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 2 years later...