Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shanet

<SOLVED> Compiling with ASCII symbols.

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi forums,

A few hours ago, I asked in SCITE editor, and the answer that worked (also the only one there), is to change the editors encoding to UTF8. That all worked like a charm, however now I want to compile the software, and want to know how I would keep my ASCII symbols? (See the other thread)

Is there an option to compile under UTF8 encoding?

Thanks,

shanet

Edited by shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:
%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

The UTF8 file should compile fine.

Do you have a example that you are trying and which is failing?

By the way, you talk about ASCII symbols but I guess you mean UNICODE characters or else you would not have to change to UTF8.

Jos :x

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

shanet,

If I want various symbols in my script, I use this sort of coding trick which compiles without problem:

; Create buttons
Global $hPlay_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton(";", 10, 45, 55, 45)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 15, 400, 0, "Webdings") ; ";" = Pause, "4" = Play
Global $hReplay_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("7", 75, 45, 35, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Webdings") ; "7" = <<
Global $hNew_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton(":", 75, 70, 35, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Webdings") ; ":" = >>|
Global $hDetails_Show_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("5", 115, 45, 35, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Webdings") ; "5" = ^, "6" = v
Global $hMenu_Show_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Menu", 115, 70, 35, 20)
Global $hVol_Show_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("X", 155, 70, 35, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Webdings") ; "X" = Spkr

That way you get the corect glyph when you compile. You do have to remember which glyph is represented by which character - but there are easy ways to get around that if required. :P

Does that help? :x

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hold up... I figured it out. In the end, it was not able to work in unicode, therefore changing the script :|

Here is what I changed:

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
;#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6       Commented this line out then moved it out of the wrapper

It decided to be picky about what was in the wrapper region so I moved the commented line out and it worked like a beauty!

Thanks for your help,

shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:
%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm