Getting user input during the installation of a program

Is there a way as part of an installation wizard to create a custom xml file that replaces a username and password snippet of code and place it in the installation directory of the program? It wont need to be changed again in the future. What program should I use to create the installation wizard to do this?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Is there a way as part of an installation wizard to create a custom xml file that replaces a username and password snippet of code and place it in the installation directory of the program? It wont need to be changed again in the future. What program should I use to create the installation wizard to do this?

If you don't have to change it just do an install like the win-zip example in the help file and have it enter that info. like the notepad example.

No. this is going to be distributed to thousands of unique business owners and the installation will ask for their unique username and password. From the point of the program having been installed the info wont have to change again (except in rare cases). The end result I am looking for is a program that will install an autorun program on a usb thumbnail drive and then the drive will be inserted into a computer that doesn't have a keyboard or mouse and begin the installation automatically. The installation can be finished with the touch screen interface of the pc. Winzip is not good enough. I was toying around with innosetup but I am not aware of which program should ask for the username and password, innosetup or autoit. Hasn't anyone here made a installation wizard program?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Im no whizkid with xml, and I doubt autoit is best tool for an installation wizard, although Im sure you could do it.

Would it not just be a case of extracting the generic xml file with the install wiz, then on first run of the autoit app, have it, check for the generic user and pass in the xml, and if found, have it prompt for the personal user info and replace it?

Thats if your app is an autoit one i suppose, but if not, Im unsure what the question was.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Sorry, The application is made in Autoit. What it does is create a button on the screen that is rather small 100px x 100px ish. It will sit in the corner of the screen and will be on top of all other programs. When the program is pressed, the program will look for a running application called MAC.exe. If MAC.exe is running then the active window will become the MAC.exe client. If it is not running then MAC will start and again it will become the active window. The MAC.exe is a webapp that requires a username and password but when the application closes (which will likely happen at least once a day) the username and password will need to be entered again. I spoke to the programmer of the MAC.exe program and he pointed me to the location of the code within the xml file that would need to be changes to retain the username and password. At some point I need the end user to enter their username and password at least once. Problem is that the computers don't have a keyboard or mouse. They use touch screens.

Well you could simply give them a gui as a keyboard, wouldnt be to hard to make.

Heres me not being a (touchscreen) whizzkid this time, but I assume they can interact with whatever is on the screen with one of them.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.