Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
preciousgem

Newbie ....Need help!

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals! New around these parts but hoping to find some help with what I am thinking should be an easy project to accomplish with Autoit, that is easy if I had any idea what I am doing! LOL.

Anyway here is what I am trying to accomplish. I am a DJ that uses VirtualDJ. VirtualDJ has a function which scans the mp3 music file for Beats Per Minute and the musical KEY of the songs. After all that scanning is done you can highlight the files and right click them and then you need to click on 2 separate buttons to write that information to the mp3 ID3 tag and then click the next button then click 2 buttons to write the info to the next song and so on. You get the idea. So all I am looking to do is automate those 3 mouse clicks thereby effectively batch writing to the mp3 id3 tags for the highlighted files.

The process would be that I would manually open VirtualDJ, select the files that I would like to write the info to, right click to bring up the File Info screen, once the screen is open maybe hit CONTROL+T to start the automated 3 mouse clicks until I see that it has written for all the files and then I can stop it by hitting CONTROL+T again.

Hopefully I have explained myself ok and maybe someone can be kind enough to help me out and steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,

John

Hi guys and gals! New around these parts but hoping to find some help with what I am thinking should be an easy project to accomplish with Autoit, that is easy if I had any idea what I am doing! LOL.

Anyway here is what I am trying to accomplish. I am a DJ that uses VirtualDJ. VirtualDJ has a function which scans the mp3 music file for Beats Per Minute and the musical KEY of the songs. After all that scanning is done you can highlight the files and right click them and then you need to click on 2 separate buttons to write that information to the mp3 ID3 tag and then click the next button then click 2 buttons to write the info to the next song and so on. You get the idea. So all I am looking to do is automate those 3 mouse clicks thereby effectively batch writing to the mp3 id3 tags for the highlighted files.

The process would be that I would manually open VirtualDJ, select the files that I would like to write the info to, right click to bring up the File Info screen, once the screen is open maybe hit CONTROL+T to start the automated 3 mouse clicks until I see that it has written for all the files and then I can stop it by hitting CONTROL+T again.

Hopefully I have explained myself ok and maybe someone can be kind enough to help me out and steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,

John

Well I think I am starting to get somewhere with this. I am trying to figure it out on my own but it is confusing. Haven't programmed ion many years so out of practice. Anyway this is what I have so far:

ControlClick("File Info", "", "[iD:10017]")

ControlClick("File Info", "", "[iD:10019]")

ControlClick("File Info", "", "[iD:10023]")

I believe this will click the three buttons in succession in the file info window. Now I just need to figure out how to start the loop with a hotkey and end it with a hotkey. I have found example code in the documentation on how to exit with a hotkey but cannot find example code to start with hotkey and continuous loop till hotkey exit. Ideally I would like to compile the script to an exe that I can put in Startup folder and it will wait for a hotkey to start running and run continuously till a hotkey exit.

Thanks,

John

Use a For/Next loop inside the function started by the hotkey (or a While/WEnd, Do/Until).

If you want another hotkey to exit - just put "Exit" inside the corresponding function.

Work on it and show some code, then you can get more detailed help.

Here you have a small modification added to the HotKeySet example in the Help file.

Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
HotKeySet("{HOME}", "Loop")
HotKeySet("+!d", "ShowMessage")  ;Shift-Alt-d

;;;; Body of program would go here ;;;;
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
;;;;;;;;

Func Loop()
    For $i=1 To 5
        ShowMessage()
    Next
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Func ShowMessage()
    MsgBox(4096,"","This is a message.", 2)
EndFunc

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)