Control Viewer - AutoIt Window Info Tool

Yashied

8 hours ago, argumentum said:

added: Menu for color choose or system default. 

Why is this needed ??? That's funny. Just put all the colors that will change depending on the visual style, that's all. Each style has its own gamut, its own accents, its own color policy. Let the theme take care of the contrasts between black and white. It's that simple !! No need to create any additional options, nobody needs it. You, as a developer, must create some kind of minimum comfort in using your product. No need to complicate. Take away all these extra options, set the colors that I showed you. On this, all questions will end.

What's New in Version 0.2019.11.14
added: RegisterMsg(WM_THEMECHANGED) to update the colors when needed.
fixed: Labels ( aided repaint on WM_THEMECHANGED ).

The files are in the downloads area.

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Sumptuously! Only it seems to me that you did not take into account that the _WinAPI_GetSysColor function returns the color of the BRG and should be converted to the RGB (_WinAPI_SwitchColor). Otherwise, if the color is different from gray, it will not display correctly.

And now you have to paint the TAB. Well, either decide for yourself whether to leave this way or work hard.

Spoiler

85a98e171614ffaee15a731bf69ca5dd.png

5 minutes ago, musicstashall said:

It's too much. The user does not work with the program interface, but to obtain information about window controls. You complicate.

lol, you wanna have it your way, so it looks better for your taste, but the previous options should be disregarded because you don't care how it looks ?, you just care for the info you pull out of it ?.
I don't believe I'm complicating, as you've seen, it does not take that much time, therefore not that complicated.

Enjoy your requests  :) 

So here it is not a matter of tastes, but of creating a color order in the coloring of the controls, create the right color balance, observing the rules of design, taking into account the current theme of Windows design. That's all. We eliminate color conflicts, and do not go about someone's tastes.

Edited by musicstashall

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I hope that I'm using Control Viewer wrong.

I want to use Control Viewer to capture details about the controls of Dropbox window that appears after you click on the Dropbox icon on the System Tray.

However at the moment when I try to use the Control Viewer to select the Dropbox window; the Dropbox window disappears when I click on the Browse Tool (as it does when I try to use the AutoIt Window Info viewer).

The UIASpy tool has the ability to display info on Windows that are not visible. But UIASpy doesn't report the ControlID.

Can Control Viewer help me?

Thanks

VW

.. I don't even use Dropbox, so, I have no experience with it. I use Syncthing
Maybe it can be modified to use a Hotkey, ...I'd have to try. 
As is, Control Viewer can not  :( 

PS: ..working on it. Should be ready within the day.
... I don't think it will be useful, but you wanted it, so you've got it.
To lock the "Browse tool", you will:
press the secondary first,
then the primary mouse buttons, release them,
and that will lock the feature. Pressing SHIFT on the keyboard will unlock it.

Edited by argumentum
adding the feature :)

What's New in Version 0.2020.3.13
added: lock the "Browse Tool". Sec. and Main mouse key will lock the tool. Press SHIFT to unlock.

What's New in Version 0.2020.01.14 ( unreleased )
changed func for IsItBootRun()
changed TaskSched "_OnLogon" added 10 sec. delay

What's New in Version 0.2019.11.22 ( unreleased )
added: refresh AutoIt tab when selected and restored from tray.
changed: To speed up color picker when tab is AutoIt or Extras, will not update control info.
added: icon for uncompiled script.

The files are in the downloads area.

@argumentum

I appreciate your assistance.

I have to say at this point, I don't follow your instructions, but hopefully when the updated version is released hopefully your instructions will make sense to me.

FWIW what I have been trying to do is to identify the Control_ID's available when the Dropbox application is opened. The application / window is accessible to UIASpy, however UI_Automation doesn't work when the desktop is locked and I want to be able to pause / restart Dropbox when the desktop is locked. And UIASpy doesn't report Control_ID's.

I have tried to identify the controls when the Dropbox application is opened using _WinGetCntrlInfo but unfortunately the function doesn't appear to work on the Dropbox window. I may yet try to troubleshoot this function, because I can obtain a handle to the Dropbox window (which is the starting point for the function) but I thought it would be wise to see in fact if the menu items I am interested in have Control_ID's. Not much point trying to debug code, if it is not going to be usable in the long-run anyway.

2 minutes ago, VeeDub said:

hopefully when the updated version is released hopefully your instructions will make sense to me.

image.png.b697ddad88248fb40802fc345a881a28.png

4 minutes ago, VeeDub said:

have tried to identify the controls when the Dropbox application

image.png.6ce5c766bbaf2322ce04b17418d0fe04.png

Other than this, I don't know what else can I do to make CV more useful.