Data structures in AutoIt

igorm

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me which data structures AutoIt natively support. I need this info for some paper I'm writing. Thanks in advance for reply.

Greetings.

Are you talking about arrays? like array variables? such as multidimensional arrays? Or are you looking for information on the internal working of the actual AutoIt executable? such as how its source actually manages data? if so, good luck unless you're some kind of super geek that knows ASM.

Sounds like you're studying computer science or something.

Try google...

Well, array cold be considered data structure. You can read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_structure

OK, here is the list of data structures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_data_structures

Can somebody tell me which are supported natively by AutoIt? Thanks.

Yeah, I read the first link when trying to help you out earlier but didn't read the second one until now...

Related to your first inquiry, I've gotten an error in autoit before regarding "stack overflow" so I'm under the impression that "stack" may be one of the types supported along with arrays, Boolean, char, strings and all the other obvious types, I think I remember getting the error when running a while loop that called a function with no "Return" in it.

You should ask one of the MVP's, the special forum members like Trancexx, Progany, Melba32(or 23?), Valuater or Jos, there all smart nice people.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

This page probably contains the answer you're looking for, but I guess it depends on what you mean by "supports"

In AutoIt there is only one datatype called a Variant. A variant can contain numeric or string data and decides how to use the data depending on the situation it is being used in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variant_type

I need to know so I can write that in my paper. Please take a look at second link and you'll know what I need to know.

@THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

Thanks for the info. I also thought about that obvious ones, but wondering if there is more. I'll see about contacting people you suggested.

I think random private messages asking for help are frowned upon.

Sorry i dont skeak good english and for me a paper is something that i use for print something on it. what do you want to do?

He's writing a paper - as in the college/university sense where you have to learn/research a subject and then write about it (typically for a grade for a class).

So... AutoIt manages every kind of structures while the Type of the item is support it by autoit it self, the types are.... etc. etc. i never do the college or university :mellow: sorry , the list that i link you is the important thing, while the items of the Structure have the types of autoit support there is no problem... anyway maybe a kind and patient Dev can give you a better explain of it

Edited by monoscout999

I'm not sure I follow.

Are you saying the structs in the link you provided (which are the same as what I posted) are not data structures?

I'm not an expert by far but I thought they were.

And in autoit, to create the same struct would be something like

$Product = DllStructCreate("int weight;float price")

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Have you tried emailing the developers of AutoIt your questions rather than posting them one at a time in the forums? Emailing, rather than PMs would probably be best. If anyone knows the answers to them, they will.

You're asking really vague questions and only later fleshing them out. I would suggest that you sit yourself down and then properly formulate all of your questions with as much information as you're requiring, and them posting them in the Developers or Chat forums or emailing them to the proper people. This hit or miss approach doesn't say much for how your paper is going to turn out.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If you relate to data structures as a way to store collections of similar data AutoIt has only a native implementation of arrays. Anyways, you can easily implement stacks, queues, heaps, hashmaps and even trees using arrays.

Edit: linked lists are possible, too.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes