Sign in to follow this  
13ouncer

Open/Close memory

13ouncer

If I made a script to read a memory address and return the value, should I "ALWAYS" close the memory after accessing it even if I am going to access it again in a second or so, or do I keep it open until I am done with it?

I tried searching for a topic like this, but no luck ^^

13ouncer

I have heard rumors that it causes some sort of overflow if you are opening/closing memory within a short amount of time (1/2 second-1 second). It makes sense that it would 'overflow' because you are constantly calling on a DLL within a short amount of time. I think of it like clicking on a file a hundred times in 10 seconds, it would cause the system to hang in most cases. I figured leaving it open was the best option until I am done with it. I am using 'nomadsmemory' btw.

Shaggi

Keep it open until you close the program or so. The problem isn't "calling" a dll, but more that you are constantly polling a time costing function. Remember to explicitly close the handle though, else you create a handle leak.

Ever wanted to call functions in another process? ProcessCall UDFConsole stuff: Console UDFC Preprocessor for AutoIt OMG