Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaetep

How to click on a toolbar button while computer is locked

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I am writing a script to run a software package overnight.

The PC needs to be locked during this time ([windows key] + L).

The program presses various GUI controls on the 3rd party software in a certain order.

There is one toolbar button i need to press (as well as several buttons and menus which are no problem)

I am able to click buttons when it is locked using _GUICtrlButton_Click() as controlClick() won't work, but the toolbar version of this function _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton() needs to use the mouse pointer and so doesn't work when the computer is locked or the window isn't the active window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Which version of windows. Please include full info. EG: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 64-bit

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

MY PROJECTS

Active: IRC UDF, WindowEx UDF
Discontinued: GithubBubbleSort UDF

Which version of windows. Please include full info. EG: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 64-bit

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 32-bit Version 2002

Send an Alt keypress, which SHOULD go to the Toolbar, then use the left and right arrow keys to navigate to the toolbar item, then use spacebar (or enter) to open the toolbar. Feel free to modify this however it SHOULD work.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

MY PROJECTS

Send an Alt keypress, which SHOULD go to the Toolbar, then use the left and right arrow keys to navigate to the toolbar item, then use spacebar (or enter) to open the toolbar. Feel free to modify this however it SHOULD work.

Thanks, however send commands don't seem to work while the PC is locked, no keyboard or mouse functions are available as there are no active windows.

Totally failed there. Got my Linux and Windows knowledge mixed up. However try _GUICtrlToolbar_PressButton instead of _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton()

MY PROJECTS

Totally failed there. Got my Linux and Windows knowledge mixed up. However try _GUICtrlToolbar_PressButton instead of _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton()

I've tried that but it doesn't seem to actually activate the control (even when not locked), i also tried pressing and releasing the button but it does nothing.

_GUICtrlToolbar_PressButton($b, "Channel")

Sleep(1000)

_GUICtrlToolbar_PressButton($b, "Channel", False)

_GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton($b,"Channel") works but only when the window is active

How about _GUICtrlToolbar_CheckButton()?

MY PROJECTS

How about _GUICtrlToolbar_CheckButton()?

Once again just makes the button look like its pressed without actually activating it (although it seems to work when the PC is locked)

I have been trying to find something that can use: _GUICtrlToolbar_SetCmdID($b,4, $cd) and then use the identifier to operate the button directly (the way _GUICtrlButton_Click($cd) works)

Is there a way of sending keystrokes while the machine is locked?

have you tried ControlSend() yet ?

:alien: ~ Every Living Thing is a Code Snippet of World Application ~ :alien:

Edit this Sppet and try it...

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <winapi.au3>
#Include <GuiToolBar.au3>
ShellExecute("SnippingTool.exe")
WinWait("[CLASS:Microsoft-Windows-Tablet-SnipperToolbar]")
$winHndl = wingethandle("[CLASS:Microsoft-Windows-Tablet-SnipperToolbar]")
$toolbarHndl = ControlGetHandle($winHndl,"","[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32; INSTANCE:1]")

_sendclick()

Func _sendclick()
    Local $lParam = $toolbarHndl
    Local $BN_CLICKED = 0x0000FFFF
    Local $NID = 219
    local $wParam = _WinAPI_MakeLong($NID, $BN_CLICKED)
    $message = _WinAPI_PostMessage($winHndl,$WM_COMMAND,$wParam,$lParam)
EndFunc   ;==>_sendclick

THANKYOU Monoscout!!!!!!!!!! Got it working

Local $w = WinGetHandle("MC", "")

Local $b = ControlGetHandle("MC", "", "[CLASSNN:ToolbarWindow321]")

Local $cid = _GUICtrlToolbar_IndexToCommand($b, 4)

Local $wParam = _WinAPI_MakeLong($cid, $BN_CLICKED)

$message = _WinAPI_PostMessage($w, $WM_COMMAND, $wParam, $:mellow:

(Thanks to everyone else who had a go too)

Just for reference, here are apropriate MSDN links as explanation of this solution:

Toolbar

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760435%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

NM_CLICK (toolbar) Notification Code

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760490%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

BN_CLICKED Notification Code

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb761825%28v=VS.85%29.aspx