Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icu

How do I get AutoIt to read an IE select box into an array? [solved]

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Dear AutoIt community,

How do I get AutoIt to read all the options of an IE select box into an array so I can tell it to go through each selection one by one?

I know the name of the selection box (via IE-Builder) but I'm having a difficult time figuring out the code to get AutoIt to read all of the selection options.

The end result I want is to get AutoIt to select each option one by one and submit the form. I figure I need to get AutoIt to 'read' each selection string of the selection box and put each string into an array to do a

FOR IN NEXT
loop so AutoIt can go through them one by one submitting the form each time.

If there is an an easier way please let me know.

Of course I've pressed F1 but I can't see anything in the help file that will help :-)

As usual any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-icu

Edited by icu

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Figured it out went something like this:

$oIE = _IECreate ($sURL)
$oSelectBox = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "SelectBox")
$sSelectBox = _IEPropertyGet ($oSelectBox, "innertext")
ConsoleWrite ($sSelectBox)

Once I got the string it's easy to chop it up into an array.

AutoIt is so awesome, pity my knowledge of it isn't yet...

Edited by icu

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ronmage
      By ronmage
      So I have a loop that keeps reading data from an array and searching it for the same value. If the value is no there it does work then adds the value to the array to prevent it from doing the same work.
      If _ArraySearch($ID,$filearray[$i]) = -1 Then Work.... _ArrayAdd($ID,$filearray[$i]) EndIf This is in a for loop hence $i
      So what is happening is the code works great for several hours. After a period of time _ArraySearch($ID,$filearray[$i]) will result in -1 even if $ID = $filearray. So it ready as if there is no data in the array. Anyone have this problem? 

Also I am just running in using F5 not compiling it and running it if that makes a difference.

• Robdog1955
      By Robdog1955
      I'm trying to click a button on a web page. I have added a couple of MsgBox lines to allow me to watch what happens on the page. As you can see the first half of my script enters data into text boxes on the page. I have no problem there. I just cannot click on the region buttons. The "set focus" line causes an outline to appear around the EU button and the "click button" line causes the "Pick a Region" text to disappear. Here is the code I have so far.
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://questchecker.com/") Local $iQuestID = "123456" Local $sCharacterName = "CharacterName" Local $colForms = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE) $iCount = 0 For $oForm In $colForms $oFormElements = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm) For $oFormElement In $oFormElements $iCount = $iCount + 1 Local $sTagName = StringLower($oFormElement.tagName) Local $sElementType = $oFormElement.type Local $sElementName = $oFormElement.name Switch $iCount Case 6 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, "MyRealm", 0) ; realm Case 7 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $sCharacterName, 0) Case 8 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $iQuestID, 0) EndSwitch Next Next Local $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "questForm") For $oButton In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oButton) = "US" Then MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to set focus") _IEAction($oButton, "focus") MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to click button") _IEAction($oButton, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to quit") _IEQuit($oIE) Exit  
    • Dent
      By Dent
      As the title says. I open IE11 and navigate to a page with the following HTML5 file upload container in Capture0.JPG
      I want to click Add Files but I haven't been able to. Here's the code that handles the Add Files button in Capture.JPG
      _IEGetObjectById and then using _IEAction to click it doesn't work. I can't give access to the actual page unfortunately because it's password protected.
      All suggestions welcome.

• Ascer
      By Ascer
      1. Description.
      Udf working with MSDN System.Collections.ArrayList. Allow you to make fast operations on huge arrays, speed is even x10 better than basic _ArrayAdd.  Not prefered for small arrays < 600 items. 2. Requirements
      .NET Framework 1.1+ System Windows 3. Possibilities.
      ;=============================================================================================================== ; UDF Name: List.au3 ; ; Date: 2018-02-17, 10:52 ; Description: Simple udf to create System Collections as ArrayList and make multiple actions on them. ; ; Function(s): _ListCreate -> Creates a new list ; _ListCapacity -> Gets a list size in bytes ; _ListCount -> Gets items count in list ; _ListIsFixedSize -> Get bool if list if fixed size ; _ListIsReadOnly -> Get bool if list is read only ; _ListIsSynchronized -> Get bool if list is synchronized ; _ListGetItem -> Get item on index ; _ListSetItem -> Set item on index ; ; _ListAdd -> Add item at end of list ; _ListClear -> Remove all list items ; _ListClone -> Duplicate list in new var ; _ListContains -> Get bool if item is in list ; _ListGetHashCode -> Get hash code for list ; _ListGetRange -> Get list with items between indexs ; _ListIndexOf -> Get index of item ; _ListInsert -> Insert a new item on index ; _ListInsertRange -> Insert list into list on index ; _ListLastIndexOf -> Get index last of item ; _ListRemove -> Remove first found item ; _ListRemoveAt -> Remove item in index ; _ListRemoveRange -> Remove items between indexs ; _ListReverse -> Reverse all items in list ; _ListSetRange -> Set new value for items in range ; _ListSort -> Sort items in list (speed of reading) ; _ListToString -> Get list object name ; _ListTrimToSize -> Remove unused space in list ; ; Author(s): Ascer ;=============================================================================================================== 4. Downloads
      List.au3 5. Examples
      SpeedTest _ArrayAdd vs ListAdd SpeedTest ArraySearch vs ListIndexOf Basic usage - crating guild with members  
    • FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      I'm trying to read a binary file to an array but couln't get it to work.
      Also I coul not find any help in the forum around this subject whish was helpfull.
      Is there any way it could be done?
      I tried a lot of ways but maybe somebody know's the right way?
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7 #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Local $in=FileOpen("TEST_labels.idx1-ubyte",16) ; 16+0=Read binary Local $data = FileRead($in) Local $FileArray = BinaryToString($data,4) ;~ $FileArray = StringSplit($BinarydData, @CRLF, 1+2) ;~ Local $FileArray = StringRegExp($BinarydData, "[^\r\n]+", 3) FileClose($in) _ArrayDisplay($FileArray,"$FileArray","",32) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "$FileArray = " & $FileArray )  
      TEST_labels.idx1-ubyte