Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akarillon

Add or Subtract a variable[Solved]

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello again everyone :graduated:

I still come back here for some more guidance.

I have a big pile of variables/constants that I need to be selected depending of the previous variable/constant.

Something like this:

Global $pos[1][4]
$pos[0][0] = 35, 30
$pos[0][1] = 110, 30
$pos[0][2] = 185, 30
$pos[0][3] = 260, 30
If $variableA = yes Then
  $pos[0][2] = $pos[0][2] - 0.1
EndIf

This clearly wont work, but is more of a suggestion to what I want to happen.

The outcome should then be $pos[0][1]

Is this possible?

Kind Regards,

Akarillon

Edited by Akarillon

Challenge accepted!

Something like this maybe?

$Y=2
If $variableA = yes Then
  $Y = 1
EndIf
$pos[0][2] = $pos[0][$Y]

Your explanation for what you're looking to do isn't very clear.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Or maybe like this?

If $variableA Then $pos[0][2] = $pos[0][2-1]

Edit: Is $pos[0][2] supposed to be 110, 30 (the same as $pos[0][1]), or 185, 29?

Edited by somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Hmm.. didn't think that would work inside a variable :graduated:

Thanks and I dont really know how to make the question that much clearer :S

Challenge accepted!

Edit: Is $pos[0][2] supposed to be 110, 30 (the same as $pos[0][1]), or 185, 29?

It is supposed to be the lower variable aka $pos[0][1]

I also need 1 more important thing.

The numbers inside, [0][1] needs to be something that I can read and then take the current number and add or subtract.

If that makes sense O.o

Challenge accepted!

I'll put this post dead :graduated:

Found out a better and easier way: 3 dimension array to split the 2 numbers so I can get rid of the comma,

Yes I am not a good programmer so it takes some time.

Thanks again

Challenge accepted!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Atoxis
      By Atoxis
      Howdy, this is my first post, massive fan of autoit. 
      I've searched and tried and I would just like people who are better at this than me to let me know if this is even a thing.

I'd like to perform just a variable. For example, it would be. *see inserted code*
      So what i'm wanting is, create the constant $test, and that variable would be what is followed after the = . Then perform the _FileCreate. Then perform the variable.  Logically or in my head rather.. That variable is declared and is equal to what it is set to above, therefore just placing the variable plainly in the script, it should be equal to what it was declared as.  So what am I doing wrong, and or how can I have autoit just perform the variable.  

#include <File.au3> Const $test = FileWriteLine(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt", @CRLF ) _FileCreate(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt") $test  
    • ur
      By ur
      I have a script , during compilation and test execution, it worked perfectly but sometimes I am getting error as "Variable used without being declared."

I understood somewhere in the branching logic this is happening.

But not able to find it exactly.

As I am using multiple include statements.the line number is also not giving accurately.

Can anyone suggest what is the approach to resolve this?
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning
      I'm working on a little project, and I was wondering if there's a way ( sure there is ) to insert data to a ComboBox control everytime the user insert some text in the ComboBox which is not in the ComboBox data. I'll try to explain with an example:
      - Form with some data ( ComboBox is empty );
      - User prompt something in the ComboBox: if what the user prompts is not in the ComboBox values ( at the moment empty ), then insert the value in the ComboBox values, in order to have, next time the user prompts the form, the value that he entered.
      More pratical example:
      - First call of the form, ComboBox empty;
      - I prompt "A" in the ComboBox;
      - Second call, in the ComboBox I should see "A";
      - I prompt "B" in the ComboBox;
      - Third call, I should see "A"
                                                 "B";
      - And so on...
      Everytime the form is called, I re-create it, so I think I can't use _GUICtrlComboBox_AddStrings().
      I tried with
      Global $strCboStrings = "" ; When the user prompt the form, the code below is executed. ; I.E. : User prompt "A", after the if I should have "A"; ; In the second call, If I write "B", I should see "A" ; "B"; ; If I write "A" again, in the combobox values should not be any changes. If Not StringInStr($strCboStrings, GUICtrlRead($cboVoiceCategory)) <> 0 Then $strCboStrings &= $strCboStrings & "|" & GUICtrlRead($cboVoiceCategory) EndIf Any suggestion?
      Thanks
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi guys
      I have an inquiry please
      I want an example of how to add an icon file to the compiled autoit file and how to use it in GUICtrlCreateIcon
      Preferably in a separate list within the resourceFor example myIcons
      I hope my request is clear and I hope you will help me solve this problem
      Because I found an example in the help files but I did not understand the method well
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      Is this possible:
      Executing a function from an include, but taking the function name from a gui input and then executing that function using the include:
      #include <Something.au3> ;input reads "Tree" $functionName = GuiCtrlRead($input1) $functionName(1) And the include is gonna have
      Func Tree($x) If $x = 1 Then $this = "text" MsgBox(0,$this,"whatever") EndFunc is it possible?