Sign in to follow this  
Quinch

Writing a bitmap file from array data?

Quinch

Short version, can it be done? In theory it should be simple enough, open a file, write a header, then dump each pixel data in succession... headers are probably going to give me trouble more than anything, but is the overall idea solid? I'm trying to write a script for making large screenshots, and while this approach might be a little primitive... screw it, whatever works, right?

Unsigned

I doubt AutoIt's performance would make this practical for anything other than very small images, but yes, the concept is solid.

Quinch

I doubt AutoIt's performance would make this practical for anything other than very small images, but yes, the concept is solid.

Hm, what would be the bottleneck, the write speed?

Unsigned

Hm, what would be the bottleneck, the write speed?

The everything-speed :graduated: AutoIt is interpreted, and it's array performance is fairly good as such, but is not nearly ideal for image processing. And a decent screenshot would require a rather large array. Not saying it can be done, but it will suffer from execution performance. AutoIt is not an image processing language.

Edited by Unsigned

Quinch

Only if the data has to be dumped in a single go - I could probably define a mid-sized array, write the data once it's filled, then repeat until done. It would be a bit of a balancing act between array size versus performance, though, but that should be tweakable easily enough.

Unsigned

It's not so much the array size either, but loop performance. But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, go ahead and give it a shot :graduated: Nothing like learning from experience. All the same, if I absolutely had to do image processing in AutoIt, I'd rip out a DLL or plugin to do the heavy lifting.

AndyG

Hi,

there are several examples for writing Bitmaps without any GDI-stuff here in the forum...

I wrote a very "native" one

Try examples too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• jasty
      By jasty
      In every other language doing   
      dim $a[3] = [1, 2, 3] $b = $a creates a reference to a but in autoit it always makes a copy.  I didn't realize this until I have performance problems and now I'm trying to switch over to the reference behavior.  How can I change the above statement so b is a reference to a and not a full copy? 
    • kingjacob90
      By kingjacob90
      Hay guys
      Just had an idea and wanted to know where to start. I want to download a screenshot of a website automatically into a .png .jpg ect format so I can then set it as my desktop background.
      This might be for for news: When the latest news is added to a website a screenshot of that website is saved and added to my desktop background.
      I have tried using website that already do the screenshot but you have to open the website and click the button for it to generate one and thus InetGet does not help.
      Any Ideas?
    • VADemon
      By VADemon
      I've encountered a problem with a single file where I cannot retrieve it's Date-time. So far my code has worked well for over 30 files, but this one is a mystery I cannot debug myself due to insufficient Au3 knowledge.
      In line 11 "_Date_Time_FileTimeToArray" is called and for this particular file it sets the @error to 10. I don't know what that error code means, but it's not set by the _Date functions themselves I think.
      Overall, it could be a problem caused by any of the functions below, how can I properly debug this? / Does anybody know a what's causing this?
      _WinAPI_CreateFile() / _Date_Time_GetFileTime() / _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray()
      Func _SetFileTimes($sFilePath) Local $monthNumber[13] = ["", "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "Juny", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"] Local $dayNumber[7] = ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"] Local $fHandle = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, 2, 2) ; read-only ; may NOT return a valid date for some reason! TODO Local $fTagFILETIME = _Date_Time_GetFileTime($fHandle) _WinAPI_CloseHandle($fHandle) ; This will return an empty array if theres no valid date $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray($fTagFILETIME[2]) ; last Modified if @error <> 10 then Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] Global $prettyTimestamp = StringFormat("%s, %s %d, %04d %02d:%02d:%02d", $dayNumber[$weekday], $monthNumber[$month], $day, $year, $hour, $min, $sec) Global $uploadDate = StringFormat("%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day) $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray(_Date_Time_FileTimeToLocalFileTime($fTagFILETIME[2])) ; last Modified Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] ; GetUnixTime accounts for Local time, hence feed it local time Global $unixTimestamp = _GetUnixTime($year &"/"& $month &"/"& $day &" "& $hour&":"& $min &":"& $sec) else Global $prettyTimestamp = "N/A" Global $uploadDate = "" Global $unixTimestamp = "N/A" endif endfunc  
      _GetUnixTime returned the year 1601 start date, showing that $fModTime is probably equal 0. (But Why?)
      The file reports these dates in Explorer, it's on local NTFS drive:
      Created: ‎‎Wednesday, ‎31. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎18:55:02
      Modified: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
      Accessed: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
    • rm4453
      By rm4453
      Hello,

I am currently writing a program that parses a massive table from a website, and need a way to add a progress bar while parsing.
      I am currently using the function _IETableWriteToArray($oObj, True) to parse the array. I need the progress bar to update as the table is parsed, not just at the end of the parsing.
      Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

*EDIT --> The array I am left with after parsing is $array[0-50000][16]
    • ammaul
      By ammaul
      Hi folks, I'm having problems with a screenshot capture script.
      Let me explain.
      Everyday I (and my colleagues at work) need to take some screenshots from a web-page. These screenshots are used to compile a report. Normally, I (and others) used to log in into the website and took screenshots of desired graphics and tables. This is tediuos and time consuming. To easy this task I made a script using autoit that basically logs into the website (user and password) and using some clicks, stroke send, coordinates, it is able to generate the graphics and save them to some folders into our network (this script saves arouund 50 pics. It works like a sharm.
      In order to make things easier, I tried to schedule this script (compiled to a Screnpics.exe file) using task scheduler from windows. We already use this (task scheduler) to run some vbs scripts, some vba excel scripts and so on. The computer used for this tasks is a windows 7 desktop computer. Due to security policies, the computer locks after some time. All this tasks run in the locked computer.
      My script screenpics.exe runs also from this locked computer. When the computer is unlocked, it does everything as expected. But, when it is locked, all the "pics" are BLACK. As I understand, it runs ok, but, as the "windows" are innactive, it prints what it "sees": a black rectangular.
      Some details: The web-page with hold the information I need, it only works in Firefox and, because of this it couldn`t be managed by vba or some "getobject" like commands. In fact, it has some flash things that make it impossible to control programatically. So my script is based on mouse move to coordinates, mouse click, screen capture and so one.

So, I read many posts trying to figure out a way to overcome this, but... nothing came to mind. My first idea was try to unlock windows. Theses lead me to some posts with no solution. This is worse because I'm not a computer admin, so procedures that need to replace/change the register are not an option.

If someone has any idea, I'll be gratefull.