Sign in to follow this  
twitchyliquid64

Converting autoit vars into ints for TCP broadcast...how?

twitchyliquid64

Title says it all.

I'm trying to communicate with a server, where the first two bytes are an u16 of the length of the packet.

But I have no idea how to go to u16...in order to send it over TCP...

Anyone know how?

Thanks in advance.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

Ramzes

Try this:

$Header = BinaryMid($PacketLenght, 1, 2)

Sorry for my bad English but nobody is perfect. [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ramzes[/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• cdeb
      By cdeb
      I'm trying to verify which is the default scanner and if it is different from what I need to propose a choice among those available.
      All this is possible with eztw32.dll however I can not make certain functions work
      Are these:
      int TWAIN_GetDefaultSourceName(LPSTR pzName)
      string TWAIN_DefaultSourceName()
      int TWAIN_GetSourceList(void)
      source: http://www.eztwain.com/pub/eztp/EZTwain_User_Guide.pdf
      I tried this way but they do not work:
      Local $pzName
      $pzName = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_DefaultSourceName") ;
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetDefaultSourceName", "str*", $pzName) ;
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetDefaultSourceName","str", $pzName) ;
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetSourceList")
      $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_GetSourceList", "NONE", "") ;

Can anyone help me?
      Everything else works, here is the code:

Local $pathDLL = @ScriptDir&"\_res\eztw32.dll" Local $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,'int','TWAIN_EasyVersion') if @error <> 0 then MsgBox(16+262144, "DllCall Error", "Error load eztw32.dll") else ConsoleWrite('--> eztw32.dll version: ' & $rc[0]/100 & @CRLF) $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"int","TWAIN_IsAvailable") If @error > 0 Then MsgBox(16+262144, "DllCall Error", "Error call DLL - TWAIN_IsAvailable") if $rc[0] <> 0 then ConsoleWrite('--> TWAIN available: RC = ' & $rc[0]&@CRLF) ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; I NEED HERE ;manual select scanner Local $hwnd $rc = DllCall($pathDLL,"long","TWAIN_SelectImageSource",'hwnd',$hwnd) ConsoleWrite('--> TWAIN_SelectImageSource = ' & $rc[0]&@CRLF) if $rc[0] <> 0 then ConsoleWrite("--> TWAIN device selected"&@CRLF) else ConsoleWrite("--> no TWAIN device selected"&@CRLF) endif Else ConsoleWrite('--> TWAIN NOT available: RC = ' & $rc[0]&@CRLF) ; es: 0 endif endif thank you
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys,
      Is it possible to get a variable on your For..Next loop? 

Local $Lines1 = _FileCountLines(C:\temp\test.txt) Local $linesToCount2 = $Lines1 + 2 $var = Number($linesToCount2) For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead2) Step 1 For $i = $var To $count Next ;Code does stuff here Next Somehow my code doesn't work even though I thought I could convert the variable to a Integer / Number.
      This code I posted above does not move to the next value.
      But the code below does... why is that?
      For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead2) Step 1 For $i = 2 To $count Next ;Code does stuff here Next  
      Why is the For loop resetting itself?
      Is it because the program does not cache the variable and needs to keep on acquiring this variable each time?
      If so , how would you make this variable static?

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      I got that func
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, "HERE") EndFunc and I call this func like that
      makeHelpImgGUI("Image",1190, 800,$SETTINGS_JPG)  
      so what is the problem in the parameter where is - "HERE" I need value of img but passed as string
      so $img = $SETTINGS_JPG and how make it "SETTINGS_JPG"

I tried something like that but not work
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $name_str = String($img) $name_str = StringTrimLeft ($name_str, 1 ) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, $name_str) EndFunc  
    • Mannyfresh31
      By Mannyfresh31
      Hi Everybody I want know if there is someone kind enough to help me translate this code in to Autoit please don't blame me cause I'm a newbe 
      here is the code I need to translate also I want know if it's possible to look through a DLL  functions

Declaration in Visual Basic 6: 
      Simply add the DLL import unit 'cashdll.bas' to your project, 
      or add following line to the declarations part: 
      Declare Function CASH_OPENCOM Lib "CASH.DLL" (ByVal CASH_COMPORT As Long) As Long 

Declaration in Visual Basic 6: 
      Simply add the DLL import unit 'cashdll.bas' to your project, 
      or add following line to the declarations part: 
      Declare Sub CASH_CLOSECOM Lib "CASH.DLL" ()

and here is the code I have written so far
      down below is the DLL attached also a screen shot of the  exit code of SciTE
      #include<Array.au3> $CashDLL = DllOpen("C:\Users\manue\Downloads\Casll DLL\cash.dll") if $CashDLL Then MsgBox (0,"","CashDLL Open",0) $HOPPER_OPENCOM = DllCall($CashDLL,"LONG","HOPPER_OPENCOM") if isarray ($HOPPER_OPENCOM) Then _Arraydisplay ($HOPPER_OPENCOM) Else MsgBox (0,"",@error,0) EndIf $HOPPER_CLOSECOM = DllCall($CashDLL,"NONE","HOPPER_CLOSECOM") if isarray ($HOPPER_CLOSECOM) Then _Arraydisplay ($HOPPER_CLOSECOM) Else MsgBox (0,"",@error,0) EndIf DllClose ($CashDLL)  

cash.dll
    • xiantez
      By xiantez
      This script used to work on an older version of AutoIT. Currently I am running AutoIT v3.3.14.5 and it's failing.
      Func PublicIP() ;Post public facing IP address Local $url = 'https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=what+is+my+ip&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8' Local $getIPaddress = BinaryToString(InetRead($url)) Local $sStart = 'clamp:2">' Local $sEnd = '</div>' Local $ipaddress = _StringBetween($getIPaddress, $sStart, $sEnd For $i In $ipaddress MsgBox(0, 'External IP', "Your public IP address is " & $i) Next EndFunc ;==>PublicIP The console output shows:
      "C:\Users\user\Documents\AutoIT\Scripts\WSI Tools.au3" (197) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".: For $i In $ipaddress For $i In $ipaddress^ ERROR ->14:12:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1 +>14:12:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 1 Time: 9.811