IE embed Into gui

i have IE embedded in a GUI , it works just fine but i would like to tell autoit to only display a certain part of the page ,

IE say you have a picture on a webpage surrounded by your normal webpage stuff i would like to get focus around the picture so i don't have to pane to fit into my gui exactly.

i was going to but decided not too because its very standard code , i would not even know how to begin to do this .i have been coding with autoit since but 2007 off and on , i am the type of person who forgets stuff if he does not use , i remember somehow focusing on a certain portion of the website i think but i don't remember how i did it

$W = _IECreateEmbedded()

GUICreate("",812, 619)
GUICtrlCreateObj($W, -1, -1, 812, 619)

_IENavigate($W, "about:blank")
_IENavigate($W "")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
Edited by NonPoint22

• 2 weeks later...

One way might be scrollIntoView(). For the first img on he page:

$oImg = _IETagnameGetCollection($oIE, "img", 0)

$oImg.scrollIntoView()

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble