Sign in to follow this  
amanda089

Window Class & Instance help

I'm trying to automate some things utilizing both firefox and chrome and a flash website. I would like to know the best and fastest way to correctly identify the flash control (and instance) for both browsers.

Here is the code that I use now. I had to remove the instance checking because it wasn't identifying anything.

Called in every loop of the main program:

Func CheckHWnd($HWnd, $Call)
Local $size = WinGetPos($HWnd)
Select
  Case (Not IsArray($size) Or Not IsDeclared($size[3])) Or $HWnd = ""
   Call($Call)
   Return
  Case Else
   If ($size[2] <> 1024 Or $size[3] <> 820) Then Call($Call)
EndSelect
EndFunc   ;==>CheckHWnd

The above function will call either of these functions:

Func GetFireFox()
Local $classlist = StringSplit(WinGetClassList($Title_Firefox, ""), @LF, 2)
Local $PluginWindows = _ArrayFindAll($classlist, "GeckoPluginWindow")
For $flash = 0 To (UBound($PluginWindows) - 1)
  Local $str = "[CLASS:GeckoPluginWindow]"
  Local $FFC = ControlGetHandle($Title_Firefox, "", $str)
  Local $posi = WinGetPos($FFC, "")
  If ($posi[2] = 1024) Then
   $FF_Pos = $posi
   $FireFoxCtrl = $FFC
   Return $FFC
  EndIf
Next
Return $FireFoxCtrl
EndFunc   ;==>GetFireFox

Func GetChrome()
Local $classlist = StringSplit(WinGetClassList($Title_Chrome, ""), @LF, 2)
Local $PluginWindows = _ArrayFindAll($classlist, "NativeWindowClass")
For $flash = 0 To (UBound($PluginWindows) - 1)
  Local $str = "[CLASS:NativeWindowClass]"
  Local $CHC = ControlGetHandle($Title_Chrome, "", $str)
  Local $posi = WinGetPos($CHC, "")
  If ($posi[2] = 1024) Then
   $CH_Pos = $posi
   $ChromeCtrl = $CHC
   Return $CHC
  EndIf
Next
Return $ChromeCtrl
EndFunc   ;==>GetChrome

I use the returned HWnd pointer in both direct drawing and in these functions:

Func FirefoxClick($x, $y)
ControlClick("", "", $FireFoxCtrl, "primary", 1, $x, $y)
EndFunc   ;==>FirefoxClick

Func ChromeClick($x, $y)
ControlClick("", "", $ChromeCtrl, "primary", 1, $x, $y)
EndFunc   ;==>ChromeClick

The direct drawing (a cross and text, found in these forums) and the clicking work correctly, when the pointer is valid. But, say, when the window in chrome is refreshed and the flash plugin instance is incremented. It doesn't return the correct pointer at all.

If you know of any ways to optimize this code, or correctly identify the instance number, I would much appreciate it.

What does controlgethandle return before and after the refresh? How about for each multiple refresh? Maybe there's a pattern you can use to predict what it will be when it refreshes?

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

It depends on the instance and if there is another instance in a different tab. That is the confusing part. the instance number only changes with additional websites that use plugins such as java or flash.

You can test the code out yourself by opening a flash website in both browsers, etc.

Edited by amanda089

Just thinking out loud..

Maybe if you kept track of each PID in an array as more instances are opened, you can get the correct control for each PID and add that to the array (multi-demension array)

then you could have your code see which instance it's looking at and "look-up" the control from the array? Maybe?

Grr, I hate using arrays or more variables than I need to. Particularly since I'm already using 4 byte ptr's and having to check if they are still valid every loop

That's the only thing I can think up right now :graduated:

I haven't really done much yet in the way of automating flash and web browsers so I'm a bit limited