Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damein

What's all the reasons an img won't connect to a button?

14 posts in this topic

I've done it dozens of times with no problems, but for some reason this time it will not work.

$ScoutButton = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Scout", 10, 400, 80, 80, $BS_BITMAP)
    GUICtrlSetImage($ScoutButton, "Img/Scout/ScoutImage.bmp", 1)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($ScoutButton, "_Scout")

I've redownloaded and saved a bmp, editted in paint and saved as a bmp and still nothing. Now if I create a plain Pic control, it displays. But not on the button. Why?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

"Img/Scout/ScoutImage.bmp" is not a valid path - use the complete path and it will work.

Also, windows path is using backslashes (\) not /

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

I assumed that might be a problem too, so I tried both ways with no success.

And, if the path is not valid why does it work with GuiCtrlCreatePic? I have the script in the folder before Imgs, so theres no reason its not a valid path.

I tried using \ instead of / as well to no avail.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Hmm, anyone else have any ideas?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Omit the 3rd parameter? Based on the documentation, the last two parameters to GuiCtrlSetImage are to specify the particular icon in a multi-icon file. I don't think it should be used for a bitmap.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

No go :graduated:

Here is all the files used, and some not used yet. If someone could take a look and find out exactly why its not working I would be much appreciative.

http://www.mediafire.com/?14pw1k5mx2fp4dt

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Oh, you'll have to change the destination folder for the $ScoutButton image, I attempted a full path.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

I made the image 80x80 and still nothing :/

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Anyone else have any input on this? I'm still struggling to find a reason why this won't work.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Instead of using a button and assigning an image to it, just use an image. It will work just like a button, with guigetmsg. So instead og $scoutbutton = guictrlcreatebutton(blah, blah, blah) use $scoutbutton = guictrlcreatepic(blah, blah, blah).

You know, I just found out something.

Originally, I was using this as the code:

$ScoutButton = GuiCtrlCreatePic("Imgs/Scout/ScoutImage.bmp",10,400,80,80)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($ScoutButton, "_Scout")

Which works fine, but then I decided to add $SS_SUNKEN to make it look nicer and it no longer worked. So I for some reason was like "Oh no, it stopped working randomly!" because I walked away for a bit before testing the Event command. So I removed the $SS_SUNKEN and it worked again.

Now, is there a way to make it so the GuiCtrlSetOnEvent still works, with the $SS_SUNKEN parameter?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

That's because a Pic control has a default style of $SS_NOTIFY. You overrode that with $SS_SUNKEN, so it no longer sends click notifications. You need BitOR($SS_NOTIFY, $SS_SUNKEN).

RTFM my friend...

Well spotted. Does your script work now?