YouTube Playlist Maker/Sharer

Damein

To first explain, this does not actually create a playlist on YouTube.com. It's just one to make a stand-alone playlist on your PC that you can listen to on YouTube. I wanted to quickly share my "Current" song listings with friends, so I thought this up.

What it does is:

You create a playlist name, and then load that playlist. From there you can add/remove songs and then play the play list.

In the play section you can play, skip or go back on the list.

There are instructions to how to share your playlist with others, its not complicated. You just have to share your .INI.

Here are some screen shots.

Main GUI:

Posted Image

View Playlists:

Posted Image

Remove Songs:

Posted Image

Play Playlists:

Posted Image

I know its not much of a looker, I was just going for convenience.

Here is the source:

Updated: 11/16/11

Let me know what you guys think :D

Any comments or suggestions or bug reports please, don't hesitate to post!

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

I would eliminate the msgbox's when you try to navigate to a next/previous song when you're at either end of the list. Use a Beep command instead to give a warning, but get rid of the message box as it gets in the way and annoying very quickly. Beep(500, 10) would be a start as a replacement.

View Playlists should be renamed to Select Playlist or something similar to match its function. Also, you should save the last selected playlist in the ini file and have it loaded on next start up rather than having to select one every time.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Nice suggestions, although I don't like the Beep. I will keep the Msgbox's for now. If I get a bunch of complaints I will find an alternative. I have edited the first post.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

I will be releasing an updated version soon (when I have more time) that will save the last re-sized GUI/Controls.

Let me know what you guys think.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

I've updated the first posts downloads with the following additions:

• Added a minimize button to both the main gui and the play gui
  • Added a hotkey feature for Next & Previous song
  • Fixed a bug for adding a song if there is no song currently playing

I decided not to go with the auto-save the re sized GUI. I didn't think it was needed. I hope to make the code & GUI cleaner and neater looking soon, but at the moment I don't have time for an over-haul. I want to make the GUI look nice and sleek to, if anyone wants to help with that it would be awesome :D (Not that artistic)

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

I don't like the MsgBox's use a label instead. Also BrewManNH gave you feedback earlier, I have examples where no one has posted any feedback, but I look at this in a positive sense as generally people post when they have a problem or a suggestion.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I see the problems now with the MsgBox's. If you are also in a Full Screen app (Like a game) and you reach the end, you would get minimized or at least some color distortions. So I edited those away and wen't with labels. Now in the bottom right corner each time you reach the end/start you will get a 5 second warning that it was reached.

First post was updated. I wen't ahead and removed the .zip because there's no real reason to have it since everyone here knows how to run scripts :D

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

First post updated, I realized I set the shortcut commands to only do

If WinActive, instead of If WinExists.

Fixed that, and removed all Global declarations that were not used.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Seems YouTube changed their AutoPlay for opening a link to = off. So I gotta find a way to control that feature in order to play a song automatically. When I finish learning their API I will post an update.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made