Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xavierh

Listbox, mouse selection problem

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Friends,

I have written a program that among other things displays data in 3 listboxes. when the window has its original size, it works fine. But if I increase the size the window vertically the listboxes stretch as they should, and I can't select their top entries with the mouse Posted Image . The last listbox entries are not affected. The more I stretch the window vertically, the more entries become out of reach by the mouse. Also the highest entry that can be selected by the mouse is iffy. It has to be low on the entry.

But the keyboard arrow keys can select them with no problem.

The listboxes are resized with the window because of commands like

GUICtrlSetResizing ( $ControlHandle, $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKSIZE + $GUI_DOCKRIGHT )

and that's probably where there is a problem with listview selection.

My OS is windows 2008R1, and I've tried this using both beta 17 and version 3.3.6.1, if that has anything to do with it.

Ideas anyone?

Here is the code to build a sample UI to reproduce the problem. It puts a list the folders into a listbox. Run it, try to select the top entries, then stretch the window vertically and try to select the top entries:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)
Dim $Win, $lblFolderList, $lbFolders
Main ()
Func Main ()
 $Win = GUICreate("Test Script", @DesktopWidth / 2 - 255, 188, 192, @DesktopHeight / 2 - 45, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW);$WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_MINIMIZE)
 $lblFolderList = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Folders List", 4, 8, 37, 17)
 GUICtrlSetResizing ( $lblFolderList, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH + $GUI_DOCKTOP )
 $lbFolders = GUICtrlCreateList("", 4, 24, 65, 168)
 GUICtrlSetResizing ( $lbFolders, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM )
 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
 PopulateFolders()
 GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "OnExit")
 GUISetState()
 While 1
  Sleep ( 1000 )
 WEnd
EndFunc
Func OnExit()
 Exit
EndFunc
Func PopulateFolders()
Dim $Search, $Found
Dim $InitDir = "C:\"
 GUICtrlSetData ( $lbFolders, "|" )
 $Search = FileFindFirstFile ( $InitDir & "\*.*" )
 if $Search > -1 Then
  While 1
   $Found = FileFindNextFile ( $Search )
   if @error Then ExitLoop
   If @extended = 1 Then
    GUICtrlSetData ( $lbFolders, $Found )
   EndIf
  WEnd
 EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by xavierh

I have reproduced the issue on XP 32

It's best to have a fully functional script that shows the problem, rather than a portion of it that someone else has to do a lot of extra work to make it run. I don't mean post your whole script, just a reproducer script that shows the problem.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

you're right, BrewManNH, so I just put something together to demo the problem, and updated my original post. Thanks!

If you comment out the label and the resizing section of the script, it works fine. It might be that your label is overlapping.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

hmm, that does fix it. :graduated:

Thank you for pointing out what I was blind to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• hcI
      By hcI
      Hello
      Today I'm working on listbox but there might be something that I'm missing...
      I made a little script that allow the user to swap 2 items for the listbox. So the user select for example the 3rd item, press the button "Up" and it switch with the 2nd one, same with the "Down" button that switch with the 4th one.
      But when I select the 3rd item and switch it the item become unselected and I would like to select it again after the manipulation :
      As you can see in the comment of the script, _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel don't highlight/select them once the swap process is done..
      What am I missing ?
    • Daka
      By Daka
      I know there are listbox and listview, but now I have?
      here is the video of infowindow 
      I tried to read mouse selection like for listbox:
      $listWindow = "[CLASS:TFormResearchGR]" $topicsList = "[CLASS:TMWrapper; INSTANCE:255]" WinWait($listWindow, "", 60) $hdlWindow = WinGetHandle($listWindow) $hdlList = ControlGetHandle($hdlWindow, "", $topicsList) _GUICtrlListBox_ClickItem($hdlList, 0, "left") $countOfList = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hdlList) ConsoleWrite("Count of list: " & $countOfList & @LF) count of list is not working.
      I realiezed that there are difference between listbox and listview, but this is something different.
      and till now I never saw that you can go inside with infotool and also get instances.

so Im confused how to get the list number and the names of selection?
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      I think I am missing something obvious
      I want the "color bar" to stretch from side to side (entire width) of the GUI.  On resize it must expand / contract as necessary.  I guess the answer is easy, but I need a bit of help please?
      $hForm = GUICreate('myColor Picker', 300, 200,-1, -1, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU + $WS_CAPTION) ;color the GUI background ;GUISetBkColor($sColorformFile, $hForm) ; set the gui background color ;Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",10,10,300,10) ; a blank LABEL color bar Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateGraphic( -1,-1,300,10) ; a blank GRAPHIC color bar GUICtrlSetResizing($mycolorLabel, $ws_sizebox);$GUI_DOCKMENUBAR);$GUI_DOCKAUTO) ;$GUI_DOCKBORDERS) GUICtrlSetBkColor($mycolorLabel,$sColorformFile) ; set the color for the label  
      This is an extract from here, by @Yashied
      $hForm = GUICreate('myColor Picker', 300, 200,-1, -1, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU + $WS_CAPTION) ;color the GUI background ;GUISetBkColor($sColorformFile, $hForm) ; set the gui background color ;Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",10,10,300,10) ; a blank LABEL color bar Local $mycolorLabel = GUICtrlCreateGraphic( -1,-1,300,10) ; a blank GRAPHIC color bar GUICtrlSetResizing($mycolorLabel, $ws_sizebox);$GUI_DOCKMENUBAR);$GUI_DOCKAUTO) ;$GUI_DOCKBORDERS) GUICtrlSetBkColor($mycolorLabel,$sColorformFile) ; set the color for the label Specifically my issue is with that $mycolorLabel
      Thanks, Skysnake

• Guy_
      By Guy_
      This is not a working example -- I'm asking about the principle...
      Here we have the often seen code to detect a double-click on an item in one ListBox (ID in $idListBox is of course created by other code).
      To catch that ListBox item, I have only added $sBookmark to it. This could be a pick list application.
      $idListBox = 0x004A0FB0 GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "_WM_COMMAND") Func _WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $hWndListBox, _ $sBookmark If Not IsHWnd($idListBox) Then $hWndListBox = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListBox) $hWndFrom = $lParam $iIDFrom = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF) ; Low Word $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16) ; Hi Word Switch $hWndFrom Case $idListBox, $hWndListBox $sBookmark = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText( $hWndFrom, _GUICtrlListBox_GetCurSel($hWndFrom) ) Switch $iCode Case $LBN_DBLCLK ConsoleWrite("you double-clicked " & $sBookmark & @CRLF) EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc  
      Now, my question is: can one modify the _WM_COMMAND function to allow for a dynamic number of ListBoxes? (meaning, user-defined -- the amount of ListBoxes/pick lists can change at any time).
      Let's assume I dynamically obtained an array with ListBox ID's for (in this case) 5 pick lists:

One part of the solution seems to work with the For... Next loop I added below, but I'm wondering if that is the ultimate? (knowing this Func has to be as fast as possible)
      The part where I can't find anything that works for a dynamic amount of ListBox ID's is in the Case check...
      I tried _ArrayToTxt($aIdListBox, ", ", 1), messed with Eval(), and trying Case $aIdListBox[start] To $aIdListBox[end]

Func _WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $hWndListBox, _ $sBookmark For $i = 1 To UBound($aIdListBox) - 1 ; is this solution fast enough? (it seems to work well) If Not IsHWnd($aIdListBox[$i]) Then $hWndListBox = GUICtrlGetHandle($aIdListBox[$i]) ExitLoop ; cause there can only be one hit(?) EndIf Next $hWndFrom = $lParam $iIDFrom = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF) ; Low Word $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16) ; Hi Word Switch $hWndFrom Case [WHAT TO PUT HERE if nr of ListBoxes is dynamic?], $hWndListBox ; <= MAIN question $sBookmark = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText( $hWndFrom, _GUICtrlListBox_GetCurSel($hWndFrom) ) Switch $iCode Case $LBN_DBLCLK ConsoleWrite("you double-clicked " & $sBookmark & @CRLF) EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc - - -
      As a workaround, I can probably add the maximum number of allowed ListBoxes to the Case check, seperated by commas, but only display the number of ListBoxes needed. But I'm hoping it can be made truly dynamical...?
      Thank You : )

• Codartizan
      By Codartizan
      Hi Guys
      I got a problem, hope someone can help me, many thanks.
      I'm trying to read items from a listbox1($ListChoCom) to an array, and load this array to another listbox2($ListSuitCmd) which is on the different  tab. But, now, I cannot select items on the listbox2. I only can select from listbox1. Here is the code and the screenshots.
      Func btnNext2() Dim $SelCmdArray[10] For $i = 0 To _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($ListChoCom) - 1 $SelCmdArray[$i] = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($ListChoCom, $i) ReDim $SelCmdArray[UBound($SelCmdArray) + 1] GUICtrlSetData($ListSuitCmd, $SelCmdArray[$i]) Next _GUICtrlTab_ClickTab($Tab1, 2) EndFunc Screenshot 1: I can select item from this listbox1.

screenshot2: I cannot select item from listbox2, The item that been highlight is what I select from listbox1.

Thank you very much indeed.