RecFileListToArray.au3 and Subscript used with non-Array variable.

tuatara

Hi guys,

Hope you will help me once again.

If you connect a Apple computer on a network drive that is also used by windows computers,

it creates a lot of annoying .AppleDouble directories.

These are hidden for mac users but annoying for Windows users, and can be removed.

With your help i created this script:

#include <RecFileListToArray.au3>

; Declare paths

$sOldPath = @ScriptDir & "\Z-disk" ;

; Get list of directies within this path

$aList = _RecFileListToArray($sOldPath, "*.*", 2 , 1 , 1)

For $i = 1 To $aList[0]

$item = $aList[$i]

$aa = $aList[0]

;MsgBox ( 0,"Item is: ", $item)

;MsgBox ( 0,"number of items is: ", $aa)

$FullFilePath = $sOldPath & "\" & $item

;MsgBox ( 0,"Dit is FullFilePath: ", $FullFilePath)

If StringInStr($FullFilePath,".AppleDouble") Then

MsgBox ( 0,"This is a Apple .AppleDouble directory: ", $FullFilePath)

DirRemove ($FullFilePath , 1)

EndIf

Next

The script works great when it finds enough directories, but if it doesn't, i get this error:

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable which is a fatal error that crashes the script.

Of course i have searched this forum (and Yahoo) but the only thing that seemed to be related

was adding FileChangeDir ( ) to scriptdir or to $sOldPath, here and there, but both did not help.

The weird thing is, that if i create a small tree with a few .AppleDouble maps in it,

the first time i run the script it works great, but after these terrible maps are moved and i fire up the script again,

it gives this well known Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

Any idea's how to prevent this crashes?

Thanks,

Tuatara

Edited by tuatara

Try it this way:

; Get list of directies within this path
$aList = _RecFileListToArray($sOldPath, "*.*", 2 , 1 , 1)
If IsArray($aList) Then
    For $i = 1 To $aList[0]
        $item = $aList[$i]
        $aa = $aList[0]
        ;MsgBox ( 0,"Item is: ", $item)
        ;MsgBox ( 0,"number of items is: ", $aa)
        $FullFilePath = $sOldPath & "\" & $item
        ;MsgBox ( 0,"Dit is FullFilePath: ", $FullFilePath)
        If StringInStr($FullFilePath,".AppleDouble") Then
            MsgBox ( 0,"This is a Apple .AppleDouble directory: ",$FullFilePath)
            DirRemove ($FullFilePath , 1)
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator