3 posts in this topic

HI

I have an exe file

Application (.exe)

Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor

im trying to list the files inside this exe

and extracting only 1 of the files.

any one know how to do this?

Maybe with 7-Zip (7za.exe is the command line version) ?

i tried using the example scripts that i found on here with 7zip

but did not work.

i will start trying to figure something out with 7za.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon!
      Just a quick one as this has dawned on me recently when creating a little program.  When calling an executable I've created like Run(otherapp.exe) from within my executable is there a best practice to ensure things have gone smoothly?  So for example, should I monitor the PID to ensure it runs and closes within an acceptable timeframe?  Or within my other executable should I do EXITs in a certain way after functions and return codes etc?
      Could be a silly question but thought I'd ask.
    • Eggsplorer
      By Eggsplorer
      Hi,
      Ich hab ein Script für Windows Updates, dass nach dem OOBE aufgerufen werden soll. Run/RunOnce ist daher nicht möglich.
      Stattdessen möchte ich das Script in den Autostart schreiben lasse. Wenn die OOBE beendet wird und der Administrator angemeldet wird, soll das Update-Script einmalig aufgerufen werden und sich anschl. selbst löschen.
      Lang rede, kurzer Sinn:
      Wie kann ich folgendes Script in den Autostart schreiben?
      RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -File C:\UA\Scripts\win-updates.ps1 -MaxUpdatesPerCycle 100 -RestartRequired 1", "") Ich würde ungern eine BAT oder EXE reinkopieren, da ich es unsauber finde. Die müsste ja auch zusätzlich irgendwo liegen.
      Danke
      Eggsplorer
    • rudi
      By rudi
      Hello.
      I'm too stupid to see my mistake:
      To investigate the internal "dictionary" of TIFF files I'd like to read in the files in binary mode and to check, if there are more than one pages "in" this TIFF.
      Notepad++, "View as Hex" is presenting the first bytes as "49 49 2a 20 08 20 20 20 12" for the TIF attached to this posting
      The "TIFF Header Format" is easy:
      Offset 00h, 2 Byte = Byte Order, "II"=intel, "MM"=motorola. (I = 0x49)
      --> II
      Offset 02h, 2 Byte = Version Nr.
      Offset 04h, 4 Byte = pointer to first IFD entry
      Description of TIFF header: https://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/faq.html#q3

Howto read and analyse the binary content correctly? This is my messy, not operational code:

$sampleTiff="H:\daten\tif\11\11\111111.TIF" $h=FileOpen($sampleTiff,16) $content=FileRead($h) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console FileClose($h) $type=VarGetType($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $type = ' & $type & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $ToString=BinaryToString($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ToString = ' & $ToString & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF) $content=StringTrimLeft($content,2) ; cut off the leading "0x" ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console for $i = 1 to 8 step 8 $next=StringMid($content,$i,2) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $next = ' & $next & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $Chr=BinaryToString($next) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Chr = ' & $Chr & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "---" & @CRLF) Next Regards, Rudi.
      111111.TIF
    • Kiran_L
      By Kiran_L
      Hi guys,

I am trying to read a pdf file with unstructured data. I dontot know how to handle pdf activities in AutoIt,
      Can you help me with any UDF to open the PDF and read the doc.

Thanks for your time.

• 9252Survive
      By 9252Survive
      Hello Guys, 
      Is there a way to have Auto it Exe messages/line number when you hover over the tray icon just at it shows when you run Au3.?
      For an example, if I the script has paused due to WinWait or Sleep I could hover over the icon and it shows the line where it's at. Is there a way to achieve the same with the compiled exe? 
      Many thanks for the help!