Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need helping making or finding a vu meter

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I need help with making a vu meter for the audio-out. I checked the forum threads, i even looked on google, and it either requires higher level of programming or not enough information was given.

I even looked into C++ ( I am NOT good at C++ at all) and it looks like it could get me somewhere but I really want to be able to get it on autoit.

Program Idea:

Go to a video website, play the video, DETECT IF ANY SOUND IS COMING OUT, if not, click on next video, else, activate full screen.

I saw something involving the mci from microsoft msdn, but it only involved audio-in.

I really just need the output, even a small little boolean would work. Just as long as I know there's either sound coming out or not.

Steer me in the right direction perhaps? I'm up for learning... just not so much though... =/

You mean something like that?:

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I dont know what a vu meter is.

Look

this is sort of what i'm looking for, except even though when i change my volume, it still says 100 (?)

A VU Meter is a volume unit meter. Technically, i should of phrased it as a volume monitor.

For example, on windows 7, every time you click on that speaker icon to see the volume, that green bar that keeps rising and lowering.

I want that output, but in numbers. So basically what i want is a sound monitor. Detect any sounds that are coming out, not in.

And UEZ, not the analog meters. I saw your other example though, it was able to open a audio file and play it with the visuals. I know you can do it. Is there any way to output the sound as numbers? WITHOUT opening a sound file and detecting it from the computer instead.

PS: I read around and it appears that i have to interact with the sound card? Couldn't the winmm.dll fetch the results?

Edited by 7121

Look at Visualizer_Analog Meter - Special.au3. It uses the microphone as input device but I discontinued the development long time ago.

It should be in the AiO package but I'm not sure.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

This might help - a simple code to get the numeric volume from MCI...

and, some more complicated on this page...

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." ~ Nikola Tesla

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• timmy2
      By timmy2
      I've been studying the AudioMeter2 script by eukalyptus. It's an incredible piece of work, but way over my head. I would like to use only the FFT portion of the meter as a visualizer. I've removed quite a bit and am now at a point where my lack of understanding GDI+ makes me feel like a carpenter trying to perform heart surgery.
      Can anyone point out additional unneeded code and BASS calls in the script below?
      Please note that I'll be playing a single mp3 file in my script, so I'll ultimately remove the FileOpenDialog and Debug code, too.
      ;thx to Authenticity for GDIp.au3 #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #include "Bass.au3" #include "BassExt.au3" #include <GDIPlus.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Global $sFile = FileOpenDialog("Open...", "", "playable formats (*.MP3;*.MP2;*.MP1;*.OGG;*.WAV;*.AIFF;*.AIF)") If @error Or Not FileExists($sFile) Then Exit Global $iWidth = 410 Global $iHeight = 170 Global $hGui, $hGraphics, $hGfxBuffer, $hBmpBuffer, $hBmpBk, $hBmpMeter, $hBmpLed, $hBmpPhase, $hBmpPhaseMeter, $hBmpWave, $hBrushFFT, $hPenPhase, $hPenWaveL, $hPenWaveR Global $aFFT, $aPeak, $aPhaseCorr, $aPhase, $aWave Global $iTimer Global $hStream $hGui = GUICreate("BASS_EXT AudioMeter", $iWidth, $iHeight) GUISetOnEvent(-3, "_EXIT") GUISetBkColor(0x000000) _GDIPlus_Startup() $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hGui) $hBmpBuffer = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromGraphics($iWidth, $iHeight, $hGraphics) $hGfxBuffer = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBmpBuffer) _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode($hGfxBuffer, 2) $hBrushFFT = _BrushCreateFFT(0, 0, 410, 170, $iWidth, $iHeight, $hGraphics) $aFFT = _BASS_EXT_CreateFFT(82, 0, 0, 410, 170, 1, 70, True) $hBmpBk = _BMPCreateBackGround($iWidth, $iHeight, $hGraphics) _BASS_Startup(@ScriptDir & "\bass.dll") ___Debug(@error, "load bass.dll") _BASS_EXT_Startup(@ScriptDir & "\bassExt.dll") ___Debug(@error, "load bassext.dll") _BASS_Init(0, -1, 44100, 0, "") ___Debug(@error, "initialize bass") _BASS_SetConfig($BASS_CONFIG_UPDATEPERIOD, 100) ___Debug(@error, "set update period") _BASS_SetConfig($BASS_CONFIG_BUFFER, 250) ___Debug(@error, "set buffer size") GUIRegisterMsg(0x000F, "WM_PAINT") GUISetState() $hStream = _BASS_StreamCreateFile(False, $sFile, 0, 0, 0) ___Debug(@error, "create stream from file: " & $sFile) $aPeak = _BASS_EXT_ChannelSetMaxPeakDsp($hStream) ___Debug(@error, "set dsp callback to check for the highest peak") _BASS_ChannelPlay($hStream, True) ___Debug(@error, "start stream") $iTimer = TimerInit() While _BASS_ChannelIsActive($hStream) If TimerDiff($iTimer) > 25 Then $iTimer = TimerInit() _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGfxBuffer, $hBmpBk, 0, 0) _DrawFFT() _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $hBmpBuffer, 0, 0) ;ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($iTimer) & @CRLF) EndIf WEnd _Exit() Func _DrawFFT() Local $iTimer = TimerInit() _BASS_EXT_ChannelGetFFT($hStream, $aFFT, 6) If Not @error Then DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipFillPolygonI", "handle", $hGfxBuffer, "handle", $hBrushFFT, "ptr", $aFFT[0], "int", $aFFT[1], "int", "FillModeAlternate") EndFunc ;==>_DrawFFT Func WM_PAINT($hWnd, $uMsgm, $wParam, $lParam) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $hBmpBuffer, 0, 0) Return 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG' EndFunc ;==>WM_PAINT Func _BMPCreateBackGround($iW, $iH, $hGraphics) Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromGraphics($iW, $iH, $hGraphics) Local $hContext = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode($hContext, 2) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($hContext, 0xFF000000) Local $hBrushBK = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid(0xEE000000) Local $hBrushTXT = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid(0xFF99AAFF) Local $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate(0xFF222222, 1) _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen) _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrushBK) _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrushTXT) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hContext) Return $hBitmap EndFunc ;==>_BMPCreateBackGround Func _BrushCreateFFT($iX, $iY, $iW, $iH, $iWidth, $iHeight, $hGraphics) Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromGraphics($iWidth, $iHeight, $hGraphics) Local $hContext = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($hContext, 0xFF000000) Local $hBrush[5] $hBrush[0] = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid(0xFFFF0000) $hBrush[1] = _GDIPlus_LineBrushCreate(0, 0, 0, 20, 0xFFFF0000, 0xFFFFAA00, 1) $hBrush[2] = _GDIPlus_LineBrushCreate(0, 20, 0, 40, 0xFFFFAA00, 0xFF00AAFF, 1) $hBrush[3] = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid(0xFF00AAFF) $hBrush[4] = _GDIPlus_LineBrushCreate(0, 0, 0, 4, 0x00000000, 0xAA000000, 0) _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hContext, $iX, $iY, $iW, 20, $hBrush[0]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hContext, $iX, $iY + 20, $iW, 20, $hBrush[1]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hContext, $iX, $iY + 40, $iW, 20, $hBrush[2]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hContext, $iX, $iY + 60, $iW, $iH - 60, $hBrush[3]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hContext, $iX, $iY, $iW, $iH, $hBrush[4]) For $i = 0 To 4 _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrush[$i]) Next _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hContext) Local $aRet = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipCreateTexture", "hwnd", $hBitmap, "int", 0, "int*", 0) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) Return $aRet[3] EndFunc ;==>_BrushCreateFFT Func _Exit() _BASS_EXT_ChannelRemoveMaxPeakDsp($aPeak) ___Debug(@error, "remove peak dsp") _BASS_ChannelStop($hStream) ___Debug(@error, "stop stream") _BASS_StreamFree($hStream) ___Debug(@error, "free stream") _BASS_Free() ___Debug(@error, "free bass") ;~ _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmpMeter) ;~ _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmpLed) ;~ _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmpPhaseMeter) ;~ _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmpPhase) ;~ _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPenPhase) ;~ _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmpWave) ;~ _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPenWaveL) ;~ _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPenWaveR) _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrushFFT) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmpBk) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGfxBuffer) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmpBuffer) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphics) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Exit EndFunc ;==>_Exit Func ___DeBug($iError, $sAction) Switch $iError Case -1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "-" & $sAction & @CRLF) Case -2 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & ">" & $sAction & @CRLF) Case 0 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "+" & $sAction & " - OK" & @CRLF) Case Else ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "!" & $sAction & " - FAILED, @error: " & $iError & @CRLF) _Exit() EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>___DeBug Func _GDIPlus_LineBrushCreate($nX1, $nY1, $nX2, $nY2, $iARGBClr1, $iARGBClr2, $iWrapMode = 0) Local $tPointF1, $pPointF1 Local $tPointF2, $pPointF2 Local $aResult $tPointF1 = DllStructCreate("float;float") $pPointF1 = DllStructGetPtr($tPointF1) $tPointF2 = DllStructCreate("float;float") $pPointF2 = DllStructGetPtr($tPointF2) DllStructSetData($tPointF1, 1, $nX1) DllStructSetData($tPointF1, 2, $nY1) DllStructSetData($tPointF2, 1, $nX2) DllStructSetData($tPointF2, 2, $nY2) $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipCreateLineBrush", "ptr", $pPointF1, "ptr", $pPointF2, "uint", $iARGBClr1, "uint", $iARGBClr2, "int", $iWrapMode, "int*", 0) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0) ;$GDIP_STATUS = $aResult[0] Return $aResult[6] EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_LineBrushCreate