Sign in to follow this  
Mamatha

Installation successful page in a wizard doesn't get activate after instalation takes place

Mamatha

I am trying to automate (.exe file) the installation process of my product using autoit.

Everything works ok except the last before page.

When I hit next button on "ready to install" page, it goes to "installing" page (on this page it installs all the required files and it has no buttons / keys to sent to goto next page. This process takes about 3-4 minutes)

And then it automatically goes to "installation successful" page. On this page I have to hit "finish" button here to end up.

It stopped working at the "installing" page in the wizard.

Please find the code that I have been trying.

#requireadmin

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

Opt("WinTextMatchMode", 2)

$Version = "1234"

$sScriptName = "Installation Automater"

$exe = "C:\Setup"&$Version&".exe"

$ProcessName = "Setup"&$Version&".exe"

$windowname = "Matrix Setup"

$delay = 1000

ShellExecuteWait($exe)

;It waits for the 'welcome' page of the wizard to popup and become active

WinWaitActive($windowname)

sleep(500)

Send("!n")

Sleep($delay)

;Sends a mouse click command to 'I Agree' radio box on the license agreement dialog

ControlClick($windowname, "I agree to the terms of this license agreement", 602, "", 1)

Sleep($delay)

Send("!n")

;It waits for the 'installation folder' page of the wizard to popup and become active

Sleep($delay)

Send("!n")

;It waits for the 'shortcuts' page of the wizard to popup and become active

Sleep($delay)

ControlClick($windowname, "Next >", 100, "", 1)

;It waits for the 'ready to install' page of the wizard to popup and become active

Sleep($delay)

Send("!n")

;It waits for the "lnstalling' page of the wizard to popup and become active

WinWaitActive($windowname, "Installing Matrix")

Sleep(180000)

;It waits for the 'installation successful' page of the wizard to popup and become active

WinWaitActive($windowname, "Installation Successful")

Sleep($delay)

Send("!f")

Exit

PsaltyDS

I don't see how it works at all because you start off with ShellExecuteWait(), pausing the script until the process finishes. That would prevent all the window handling after it.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Mamatha

I changed ShellExecuteWait($exe) to Run($exe)

But the last bit still doesn't work

mim

Hi Mamatha, I am also trying to automate an installation... Did you have any luck with this?

JLogan3o13

Hi, Mamatha. Rather than using WinWait and mouseclicks, have you looked into whether the product supports some mode of silent installation from the command line? This is often much easier than trying to script your way through the various windows. If you browse to the location of the executable from the command line and type in "exe name" /? does it return anything?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hey. I'm working on a new project and was wondering if there is a better way to "update" my Column E array. 
      Here is my code: 
      Local $nI  = 0                                                            ;Creates a name index of 0: nI = Name index Local $nII = 1                                                            ;Creates a name index of 1 for second loop: nII = Name Index 2 For    $iN = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1                                       ;Checks the roster for any names that appear twice      For $iN2 = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1          if $d_Names[$nI] == $d_Names[$nII] And $d_Names[$nII] <> "" Then              Local $timeSheetName = _ArraySearch($e_Names, $d_Names[$nI], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found it", $d_Names[$nI] & " In column E on Row " & $timeSheetName)              Local $eI  = $timeSheetName + 1              ;ConsoleWrite($timeSheetName & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite($eI & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)              _Excel_RangeInsert($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "E" & $eI & ":F" & $eI, $xlShiftDown)                                                                          ;Inserts a empty cell in columns E and F.              _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $d_Names[$nII], "E" & $eI)                                                                         ;Fills the empty cell in columns E with the doubled name              $aArray_Index = 2                                           ;Array element counter              For $Index = 2 To $IndexRows Step 1                        ;Loops through every row in the Excel file unto no rows are found or a null row is found                  $Array_Value_E = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "E"&$Index)                  $e_names[$aArray_Index] = $Array_Value_E                ;While the code loops every value in column E is stored in the E array (updating the array)                  $aArray_Index += 1              Next              ExitLoop          EndIf      Next      $nI  += 1      $nII += 1 Next Basically, It checks a roster for people whose name appears twice then inserts a new "row" for that person because they work in two different departments.
      I have to find that name however in Column E if two appear in column D. My code works but I think it is not as efficient as it could be. 
      Any ideas on how to improve the "update" for my array?
      (once it finds the double names in Column D it then searches for that name by going name by name in the Column E array and once it finds it inserts a new row. However, the E array doesn't have that new row stored in it so I have to "update" the array to properly find the next name)
      Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: Just assume I'm opening the excel file properly please do not add that code in, it only complicates your answer. 
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello Im wondering if using this https://ohtejera.github.io/ImperiusAutoIt/#started
      UDF can i make that I can control my windows application with phone?
      like for example click button Start on android phone and then something would be done in my windows app?
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.
       ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2 I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 
      any help will be greatly appreciated. 
    • iMacg3
      By iMacg3
      Hi,
      I was looking into a way to delete a registry key (not a specific value, an entire key) if it is present. I was considering using RegRead and RegDelete. However, RegRead appears to only read values, not just keys. Is there a way to delete an entire registry key if it is present? I have heard that the below function may help.

#include-once ; #UDF# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: Reads\Search the name of a Key\Subkey\Value ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.8.1 ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: Lists all Keys\Subkeys\Values in a specified registry key ; Author(s) .....: DXRW4E ; Notes .........: ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #CURRENT# ===================================================================================================================== ;~ _RegEnumKeyEx ;~ _RegEnumValEx ; =============================================================================================================================== #Region ;**** Global constants and vars **** Global Const $sValueTypes[12] = ["REG_NONE","REG_SZ","REG_EXPAND_SZ","REG_BINARY","REG_DWORD","REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN","REG_LINK","REG_MULTI_SZ","REG_RESOURCE_LIST","REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR","REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST","REG_QWORD"] #EndRegion ;**** Global constants and vars **** ; #FUNCTION# ======================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _RegEnumKeyEx ; Description ...: Lists all subkeys in a specified registry key ; Syntax.........: _RegEnumKeyEx($KeyName[, $iFlag = 0[, $sFilter = "*"]]) ; Parameters ....: $KeyName - The registry key to read. ; $iFlag - Optional specifies Recursion (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; |$iFlag = 0 (Default) All Key-SubKeys Recursive Mod ; |$iFlag = 1 All SubKeys Not Recursive Mod ; |$iFlag = 2 Include in ArrayList in the first element $KeyName ; |$iFlag = 16 $sFilter do Case-Sensitive matching (By Default $sFilter do Case-Insensitive matching) ; |$iFlag = 32 Disable the return the count in the first element - effectively makes the array 0-based (must use UBound() to get the size in this case). ; By Default the first element ($array[0]) contains the number of strings returned, the remaining elements ($array[1], $array[2], etc.) ; |$iFlag = 64 $sFilter is REGEXP Mod, See Pattern Parameters in StringRegExp ; |$iFlag = 128 Enum value's name (_RegEnumKeyEx Return a 2D array, maximum Array Size limit is 3999744 Key\Value) ; |$iFlag = 256 Reads a value data, this flag will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") ; Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $vFilter - Optional the filter to use for ValueName, $vFilter will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iValueTypes - Optional, set Value Types to search (Default $iValueTypes = 0 Read All), $iValueTypes will be ignored if the $iFlag = 128 is not set ; (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; 1 = REG_SZ ; 2 = REG_EXPAND_SZ ; 3 = REG_BINARY ; 4 = REG_DWORD ; 5 = REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN ; 6 = REG_LINK ; 7 = REG_MULTI_SZ ; 8 = REG_RESOURCE_LIST ; 9 = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ; 10 = REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST ; 11 = REG_QWORD ; Return values .: Success - Return Array List (See Remarks) ; Failure - @Error ; |1 = Invalid $sFilter ; |2 = No Key-SubKey(s) Found ; |3 = Invalid $vFilter ; |4 = No Value-Name(s) Found ; Author ........: DXRW4E ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: The array returned is one-dimensional and is made up as follows: ; $array[0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[2] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[3] = 3rd Key\SubKeys ; $array[n] = nth Key\SubKeys ; ; If is set the $iFlag = 128 The array returned is 2D array and is made up as follows: ; $array[0][0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1][0] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[1][1] = 1st Value name ; $array[1][2] = 1st Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[1][3] = 1st Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[2][0] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[2][1] = 2nd Value name ; $array[2][2] = 2nd Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[2][3] = 2nd Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[n][0] = nth Key\SubKeys ; Related .......: _RegEnumValEx() ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: _RegEnumKeyEx("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3") ; Note ..........: ; =================================================================================================================================== Func _RegEnumKeyEx($KeyName, $iFlag = 0, $sFilter = "*", $vFilter = "*", $iValueTypes = 0) If StringRegExp($sFilter, StringReplace("^\s*$|\v|\\|^\||\|\||\|$", Chr(BitAND($iFlag, 64) + 28) & "\|^\||\|\||\|$", "\\\\")) Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") Local $IndexSubKey[101] = [100], $SubKeyName, $BS = "\", $sKeyList, $I = 1, $sKeyFlag = BitAND($iFlag, 1), $sKeyFilter = StringReplace($sFilter, "*", "") If BitAND($iFlag, 2) Then $sKeyList = @LF & $KeyName If Not BitAND($iFlag, 64) Then $sFilter = StringRegExpReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 16) & "(?i)(", "16\(\?\i\)|\d+", "") & StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($sFilter, "[^*?|]+", "\\Q$0\\E"), "\\E(?=\||$)", "$0\$"), "(?<=^|\|)\\Q", "^$0"), "\*+", ".*") & ")" While $I $IndexSubKey[$I] += 1 $SubKeyName = RegEnumKey($KeyName, $IndexSubKey[$I]) If @error Then $IndexSubKey[$I] = 0 $I -= 1 $KeyName = StringLeft($KeyName, StringInStr($KeyName, "\", 1, -1) - 1) ContinueLoop EndIf If $sKeyFilter Then If StringRegExp($SubKeyName, $sFilter) Then $sKeyList &= @LF & $KeyName & $BS & $SubKeyName Else $sKeyList &= @LF & $KeyName & $BS & $SubKeyName EndIf If $sKeyFlag Then ContinueLoop $I += 1 If $I > $IndexSubKey[0] Then $IndexSubKey[0] += 100 ReDim $IndexSubKey[$IndexSubKey[0] + 1] EndIf $KeyName &= $BS & $SubKeyName WEnd If Not $sKeyList Then Return SetError(2, 0, "") If BitAND($iFlag, 128) <> 128 Then Return StringSplit(StringTrimLeft($sKeyList, 1), @LF, StringReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 32), "32", 2)) $sKeyList = _RegEnumValEx(StringSplit(StringTrimLeft($sKeyList, 1), @LF), $iFlag, $vFilter, $iValueTypes) Return SetError(@Error, 0, $sKeyList) EndFunc ; #FUNCTION# ======================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _RegEnumValEx ; Description ...: Lists all values in a specified registry key ; Syntax.........: _RegEnumValEx($KeyName[, $iFlag = 0[, $sFilter = "*"]]) ; Parameters ....: $KeyName - The registry key to read Or one-dimensional array RegKeyList ; use _RegEnumKeyEx() to get $RegKeyList (example $RegKeyList = [3, 1st Key\SubKeys, 2st Key\SubKeys, nth Key\SubKeys]) ; |$iFlag = 16 $sFilter do Case-Sensitive matching (By Default $sFilter do Case-Insensitive matching) ; |$iFlag = 32 Disable the return the count in the first element - effectively makes the array 0-based (must use UBound() to get the size in this case). ; By Default the first element ($array[0]) contains the number of strings returned, the remaining elements ($array[1], $array[2], etc.) ; |$iFlag = 64 $sFilter is REGEXP Mod, See Pattern Parameters in StringRegExp ; |$iFlag = 256 Reads a value data ; $sFilter - Optional the filter to use, default is *. (Multiple filter groups such as "All "*.XXx|*.YYY|*.ZZZ") ; Search the Autoit3 helpfile for the word "WildCards" For details. ; $iValueTypes - Optional, set Value Types to search (Default $iValueTypes = 0 Read All) ; (add the flags together for multiple operations): ; 1 = REG_SZ ; 2 = REG_EXPAND_SZ ; 3 = REG_BINARY ; 4 = REG_DWORD ; 5 = REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN ; 6 = REG_LINK ; 7 = REG_MULTI_SZ ; 8 = REG_RESOURCE_LIST ; 9 = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ; 10 = REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST ; 11 = REG_QWORD ; Return values .: Success - Return Array List (See Remarks) ; Failure - @Error ; |3 = Invalid $sFilter ; |4 = No Value-Name(s) Found ; Author ........: DXRW4E ; Modified.......: ; Remarks .......: The array returned is 2D array and is made up as follows: ; $array[0][0] = Number of Key-SubKeys returned ; $array[1][0] = 1st Key\SubKeys ; $array[1][1] = 1st Value name ; $array[1][2] = 1st Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[1][3] = 1st Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[2][0] = 2nd Key\SubKeys ; $array[2][1] = 2nd Value name ; $array[2][2] = 2nd Value Type (REG_NONE or REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ ect ect) ; $array[2][3] = 2nd Value Data (If is set $iFlag = 256 Else Value Data = "") ; $array[n][0] = nth Key\SubKeys ; Related .......: _RegEnumKeyEx() ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: _RegEnumValEx("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3") ; Note ..........: ; =================================================================================================================================== Func _RegEnumValEx($aKeyList, $iFlag = 0, $sFilter = "*", $iValueTypes = 0) If StringRegExp($sFilter, "\v") Then Return SetError(3, 0, "") If Not IsArray($aKeyList) Then $aKeyList = StringSplit($aKeyList, @LF) Local $aKeyValList[1954][4], $iKeyVal = Int(BitAND($iFlag, 32) = 0), $sKeyVal = 1953, $sRegEnumVal, $iRegEnumVal, $RegRead = BitAND($iFlag, 256), $vFilter = StringReplace($sFilter, "*", "") If Not BitAND($iFlag, 64) Then $sFilter = StringRegExpReplace(BitAND($iFlag, 16) & "(?i)(", "16\(\?\i\)|\d+", "") & StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($sFilter, "[^*?|]+", "\\Q$0\\E"), "\\E(?=\||$)", "$0\$"), "(?<=^|\|)\\Q", "^$0"), "\*+", ".*") & ")" For $i = 1 To $aKeyList[0] $iRegEnumVal = 0 While 1 If $iKeyVal = $sKeyVal Then If $sKeyVal = 3999744 Then ExitLoop $sKeyVal *= 2 ReDim $aKeyValList[$sKeyVal + 1][4] EndIf $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][0] = $aKeyList[$i] $iRegEnumVal += 1 $sRegEnumVal = RegEnumVal($aKeyList[$i], $iRegEnumVal) If @Error <> 0 Then If $iRegEnumVal = 1 And $vFilter = "" Then $iKeyVal += 1 ExitLoop EndIf $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][2] = $sValueTypes[@Extended] If BitAND(@Extended, $iValueTypes) <> $iValueTypes Then ContinueLoop If $vFilter And Not StringRegExp($sRegEnumVal, $sFilter) Then ContinueLoop $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][1] = $sRegEnumVal If $RegRead Then $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][3] = RegRead($aKeyList[$i], $sRegEnumVal) $iKeyVal += 1 WEnd Next $sRegEnumVal = $iKeyVal - Int(BitAND($iFlag, 32) = 0) If Not $sRegEnumVal Or ($sRegEnumVal = 1 And $vFilter = "" And $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal - $sRegEnumVal][2] = "") Then Return SetError(4, 0, "") ReDim $aKeyValList[$iKeyVal][4] If Not BitAND($iFlag, 32) Then $aKeyValList[0][0] = $iKeyVal - 1 Return $aKeyValList EndFunc Thanks.

• great77
      By great77
      ; put the root in a variable $sRoot = "C:\Project\PHexample\" Global $sCurrentTime = _NowCalc() ; We can use that variable here Global $aList = _FileListToArray($sRoot, Default, 2) If @error Then Exit ;;;;;;MsgBox(0, "Error", "_FileListToArray returned @error = " & @error) ;;;;;;;;;;;This is a loop that runs from 1 to the number of items listed in the first element of the returned  array For $i = 1 To UBound($aList) - 1     MsgBox(0, "Folder date", $sRoot & "" & $aList[$i] & @CRLF & @CRLF & FileGetTime($sRoot & "" & $aList[$i], 1, 1))     MsgBox(0, "Folder date", FileGetTime($sRoot & "" & $aList[$i], 1, 1))      $a_filenew = StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace(_NowCalc(), "/", ""), ":", ""), " ", "")       MsgBox(0, "Folder date", $a_filenew) $adex =  _DateDiff('D', FileGetTime($sRoot & "" & $aList[$i], 1, 1), $a_filenew)  MsgBox(0,"ade", $adex) Next I have a code as seen above, but the difference in time is returning zero. I understand that the date yyyymmddhhmmss but how can I find the difference.
      The purpose is to try find the difference in days. Any suggestion?